Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inFAMOUS - still enjoying this a lot. Nearly finished it though.
    Monster Hunter 2 - Good stuff
    Singstar
    Buzz

Comment

This week:

Xbox 360:

Guitar Hero World Tour
      Guitar Hero Greatest Hits
      Guitar Hero Metallica
      Rock Band 2
      King of the Fighters 98 Ultimate
      Garou Mark of The Wolves
      EDF!!
      Monster Madness

Neo Geo AES:

Samurai Shodown 2
      King of the Monsters 2

PC Engine:

PC Kid 2
      R Type
      Image Fight

Comment

Been on an FPS binge over the last few weeks:

Left 4 Dead (360)
        Bioshock (360)
        The Conduit (Wii)

Really enjoying all three, but I'm particularly fond of L4D. It's my most played FPS game since GoldenEye dominated my time back in the day, my most played game this gen topping the 60+ hours spent on Twilight Princess, and also is probably my overall favourite game this generation so far. Not bad considering I wouldn't consider myself as a big fan of FPS games in general.

Comment

Left 4 Dead is very good. I have disliked every Valve game I've played up till L4D, but this is something else. Great atmosphere nodding very heavily towards the classic "Dead" films, and no bull storylines to mess things up. Just great fun.

Comment

This week;

KOF98UM - have yet to dabble much with the online, but it seems pretty faithful, and it's good to have a definitive KOF available on a system I have out permanently.
            Bullet Witch - good game if flawed and rather frustrating at times. Managed to finish it 3 times this weekend (Easy/Normal/Hard), and due to playing it in Japanese, still have no idea as to the storyline. Ah well.
            Fable II - bought Knothole Island on the cheap and the other DLC pack too, and finally went back to this. It's still enjoyable enough but there's just not enough in it for me. Reminded me why I don't often get too excited for western RPGs.
            Flower, Sun & Rain - still loving this. Put aside the poor graphics and mechanics, and you have some incredible dialogue and story-telling which I cannot wait to experience more of. Plus there's an infinitely replayable scene where the main character gets hit in the plums by a football. What more could you ask for?

Comment

Civilization Revolution on XB360, having played it's little brother a couple of weeks ago on the DS, thoroughly enjoyed its big brother, first forays into the Civ world, enjoyed them both, great fun, though can see why seasoned Civ players think the maps are too small and other leaders seem to be such big war mongers! One thing for sure, I aint paying gold from them to leave me alone!

Worms 2 on XB360: With cheap points from the Hut this was a must at launch, love it, I aint the greatest Worms player in the world, but it's a fun game and I have enjoyed the levels I have done so far, aint ventured online to get my ass handed to me yet though.

OutRun : Coast to Coast on PSP: Been picking up a few PSP bargain titles recently after reading the Ultimate PSP game thread on here, great little game this, and really enjoying it, it'll take forever to open all those other cars up though. My only gripe, the fooking battery on the original PSP's, man they are rubbish!

Lego Star Wars II on PSP: Cant believe they never released the Complete Saga on this platform, so had to make do with II, it's fun and looks good and plays the same as the rest, but then I do own this game series over multiple times on various platforms.

Comment

A wee dod of Killzone 2 to try out the latest multiplayer maps.. unfortunately as I wanted to unlock the trophies too I had to set up my own room with bots, as every other room I joined had most of the badges disabled. This was my first time with the updated controls and I have to say I like them.

Other than that, Blazblue. The story mode is a bit of a chore to go through to get the unlocks, but I've been doing about one character per evening as a warm up for the online mode. I really suck at it, todays tally was something like 15 matches played and 3 wins.. however I take some consolation from the fact that most of the rounds are a close run thing, I just always seem to lose out at the end

When I'm tired of getting my arse kicked I go into the player matches and find one to spectate, it's really great. I was watching some high level players matches via my PSP while I was in the bath earlier, lol
                Last edited by Darwock; 06-07-2009, 15:21.

Comment

Ghost Squad Wii - did a review of it too which will go up in a couple of weeks.

Stoked 360 - still playing this. GOTY so far for me. Breath-taking at times. Better do a review of this.

Raiden Fighters 360 - Lovely variety of ships to play with - I'm careless though and keep throwing my lives away on stage 3 risk taking. Better do a review of this.

NinjaTown DS - Hot and cold about this - as mentioned in First Play, it sucked me in but having completed almost every stage first time, it's far too easy - where's the panic inducing action? I'm only 60% in though. Better do a review of this.

Chu Chu Rocket GBA - Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Flower, Sun & Rain - still loving this. Put aside the poor graphics and mechanics, and you have some incredible dialogue and story-telling which I cannot wait to experience more of. Plus there's an infinitely replayable scene where the main character gets hit in the plums by a football. What more could you ask for?
                    Nice to hear something positive about F,S & R. Might actually give it a shot now!

Me? I've been playing the directors cut of Broken Sword on't DS. Managed to find a cheapish copy at Tesco. Not so hot on the new opening, but the original stuff is still epic, and it works so beautifully on the DS...It's pretty baffling that there aren't already a ton of point n' click ports on such a perfectly suited console.

Also just bought Castlevania 3 on the VC. I've been watching unholy amounts of The AVGN, which made me pine for something retro. Only played a coupla levels, but so far it's pretty tits.

Comment

In the past week, no PS3 or 360 for me. Been all Wii with Tiger10 (most awesome) and PES2009.

The daddy consoles will be back in the mix come mid week for BF1943 and hopefully Blazblue

Oh and Scramble on the Iphone. Great on-the-toilet game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Bullet Witch - good game if flawed and rather frustrating at times. Managed to finish it 3 times this weekend (Easy/Normal/Hard), and due to playing it in Japanese, still have no idea as to the storyline. Ah well.
                        Chaos Mode is evil and Hell Mode is pure malevolence. Though I'm sure you'll be able to do them no problem.

Me, just some HD Remix and Spectral Force 3 again.

Comment

Zeno Clash and Rock Band Unplugged. But mostly Zeno Clash.

Comment

Just got the dpad on my PSP fixed so I've been playing Parodius collection on that with the occasional play of Last Blade on the Neo Geo. Played and finished Ghostbusters on the 360 last week, will probably go through it on pro in a week or so once I've finished Assassin's Creed.

Comment

I've been playing Ouendan on the DS (Final level on normal is kicking my ass), just started Ninjatown (Which seems great so far), Overlord: Raising Hell (Which I'm enjoying a lot) and yet more Burnout Paradise (Got my Criterion Elite award last night (Yay for shiny platinum cars), but still need 320 more online challenges... including the 8 player meet at the stadium for my platinum trophy ).

Comment

Fuel on my PS3 and abit of FF IIV on my PSP

Comment

Working...
                                X