Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the PC version of The Last Remnant after being impressed by the demo. I'm really enjoying the game so far, and I'm not sure why so many people dislike it. A nice attempt at something new from SquareEnix, while keeping things familiar. A refreshing break from the JRPG-by-numbers games that have flooded the 360.

Comment

Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings - I wanted to like it but it's just so basic and broken. Finally returned to inFamous now

Comment

Killzone 2
        Last edited by Welrain; 27-06-2009, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings - I wanted to like it but it's just so basic and broken. Finally returned to inFamous now
          That's pretty much what NGamer magazine said, to enjoy the excellent Fate Of Atlantis that also comes with a free Wii game

Comment

Xbox 360:

Fallout 3 -I'm sucked into this and it's brilliant. Not enough hours in the day for it!

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits - A solid tracklist, and Stone Temple Pilots is ace on drums. On the last set on hard guitar and 3/4 of the way through on medium drums

Guitar Hero Metallica - Finished the career on medium drums now

You're in the Movies - bought it cheap with the camera. Basic but can see the comedy potential in this with some drunk friends

Garou Mark of the Wolves - I have this on the Dreamcast too but have never devoted enough time to it. Seems like a good version on the 360. Hopefully I can spend some more time on this and get better

Comment

Finished Mark of Kri - rather enjoyed it but the last level was one of the most tedious hack and slash slogs I've done in a long while.

This week I shall mostly be playing F-Zero GX on the GC. Picked up a really clean copy from CEX for just ?8.50 a few months ago. So far I'm really enjoying it but even on the first story mission the HARD setting is proving beyond my abilities. I've read it gets even harder as you progress.
              BTW has anybody here played the US NTSC PS2 only Rise of The Kasai
              the sequel to Mark of Kri?

Comment

I'm gonna be controversial now and say... I didn't think much of Fate of Atlantis. I had a go for a while but it felt too much on auto pilot. I had loads of conversations with people around the world but came across very little in the way of puzzles or significant sequences. I gave up on it in the end, it's nicely done considering its age and later on it might be more like I was expecting but I just wasn't willing to put that much time in in the off chance.

Other than that:

-inFamous: Finished it now and it was fun barring some poor mission design late in the game.

-Burnout Paradise: Finished up the last of the trophies to reclaim that 100% tally and after a last mooch around online called it a day. Glorious game.

Comment

Finished Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings last week. It would have been a good game if the idiots never made everything a wave your Wii remote afair.

Also finished Wii Ghostbusters this week which was a great ride!

So this week I'm on to The Laughing Salesman (Mega CD), The Conduit (Wii) and DUX (Dreamcast).

Yakumo

Comment

I'm playing an hour here and there of Burnout Paradise online (I don't think I'll ever get all 500 challenges though), and I just started the original Overlord after picking it up cheap. Only an hour into that at the moment.

Handheld wise, Ouendan really clicked for me last week. I finally realised how important it is to be able to hear the music in the game (I know, I'm stupid).

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

So this week I'm on to... The Conduit (Wii)
                      First Play impressions, please! I'm hoping it will be good, but expecting it to be mediocre.

Comment

I'm just wrapping up Demon's Souls so I can reluctantly eject it from my PS3 (after around 300 hours or so!) and concentrate on Blazblue - something I evidently need a LOT of practice on.

Tonight and tomorrow night I plan on doing the final tasks needed to get the platinum trophy.. nothing major involved as I already have all the items I need so I will probably just do some co-op play for the fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                          First Play impressions, please! I'm hoping it will be good, but expecting it to be mediocre.
                          Oh no, it's surprisingly very good! I don't have time to do a wrute up right now but let's just say you won't be dissapointed.

Comment

RE5 - disappointment is high.

Comment

Finally did Bioshock for the first time yesterday, great ride that was

GH - Greatest Hits , just about through expert guitar then dont think much of this probably be getting rid soon, it just doesnt play the same as what its made of

Rock Revolution - I had to buy this it was only £8, its so bad its funny, awful covers and awful to play but had to be done.

Starting Dead Space again tonight

Comment

Killzone 2.....only online(bodycount)...Don't like Campaign Mode!

Comment

Working...
                                X