Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - Very enjoyable, love the art style and all that jazz too

Wanted: Weapons of Fate (360) - Got this for £20 and have really enjoyed it so far, finished it, just mopping up the remaining achievements, should be about to 1000/1000 this one

Wheelman (360) - I want to like this, I do like this, but for the love of God why is it so stupidly hard in places - especially side missions?! Steal two cars and return them to the garage, easy you think. But no, you get a whole MINUTE to catch upto the car (which goes far faster than you can). Other numerous annoyances, but when it does work, it works wheel.

Too Human (360) - Again I want to like this, but it makes Ninja Gaiden seem easy. Swarms of enemies, no blocking (least not to my knowledge), and my personal favourite GROUND attacks that can hit you whilst you are in the AIR?!!

Comment

i still do 10/15m every single day on Wii Animal Crossing, my sister and son have towns too so we occasionally visit which keeps us going.

never get bored of it and love the way it slowly unfolds and continually rewards you with tiny treats.

AC is probably one of my favourite games EVER.

Comment

Tom Nook must think im dead ...not seen that robbing git for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
          Too Human (360) - Again I want to like this, but it makes Ninja Gaiden seem easy. Swarms of enemies, no blocking (least not to my knowledge), and my personal favourite GROUND attacks that can hit you whilst you are in the AIR?!!
          I assume you are talking about the giant spiders here? It's due to the shockwave coming off it.

Instead of jumping, like with trolls, roll instead. There's a period in the animation where you don't take any damage so just practice lining this up with when the shockwave hits you.

Comment

On Too Human, I just can't abide that section in the red/orange area with the fat guys on floating platforms, where the regular enemies take about 2 clips of laser fire to kill because they're suddenly near-invincible. I die about 3 times per fat git.

Comment

This week:

360:

Don King's Prizefighter - It's not perfect but it's damn good fun. Great career mode, and for my money ahead of fight nights.

Fallout 3 - Taken my first steps into this. Seems decent so far. Combat could have been better implimented though. Seems a bit hit and miss (as it's been with all the elder scrolls games

Atari Jaguar: Alien Vs Predator

EDIT: Just remembered that I played Mario Golf on the Gamecube as well. None of your flicking the stick nonsense. Old Skool and ace.

There has been other videogame flirtations this week, but that's the "meat" of it!
              Last edited by Skull Commander; 22-06-2009, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                On Too Human, I just can't abide that section in the red/orange area with the fat guys on floating platforms, where the regular enemies take about 2 clips of laser fire to kill because they're suddenly near-invincible. I die about 3 times per fat git.
                Yeah totally agree with you on that one. There's skill to the mechanised enemies but there's just no technique to dealing with the undead besides shoot and run away.

Comment

been playing diablo 2
                  Death smiles
                  empire total war
                  street fighter 4
                  infamous this week

Death smiles definetly ranks as one of my fav shooters ever .....prefer the collecting scoring hook Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                    This week:

Fallout 3 - Taken my first steps into this. Seems decent so far. Combat could have been better implimented though. Seems a bit hit and miss (as it's been with all the elder scrolls games
                    have to agree there if it was not for the vats system i would have thought the combat was a bit poor.....i know its not really a fps shooters as such but would have liked it to be

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                      I assume you are talking about the giant spiders here? It's due to the shockwave coming off it.

Instead of jumping, like with trolls, roll instead. There's a period in the animation where you don't take any damage so just practice lining this up with when the shockwave hits you.
                      Yep, that's the ones! I see! Thanks very much for the tip - I'd got used to dying at least twice everytime I got to one. Seems illogical to roll over jumping but still! I am glad you get infinite lives though else I'd not get very far at all

Comment

This week Red Faction Guerilla, Ghostbusters & Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings

Comment

I finally got hold of a JPN points card for the 360 and have been playing Deathsmiles Mega Black Label, which is brilliant. I've also been playing SFIV

I suspect every one of my replies to this thread for the next few months will look the same! Maybe with some BlazBlue

Comment

Sacred 2 (ps3)

It may not have the best visuals or at times the best framerate ever but its damn good fun. Currently have a lvl 37 seraphim and just finished the light campaign and only unlocked 25.5% of the map >< ; .
                            Quick question, how or where do you unlock the dual weild ability, it seems to have passed me by?

Prototype (ps3)

Absolute stinking mess of a game, totally hated it(now traded for COD wow for a quid).

Infamous

Only 6 more stunts and hard playthrough to plat this, loved every single second of it.

Fallout 3 (ps3)

been lvling up my char and doing a few quests b4 the dlc FINALLY hits for the ps3 version.

Comment

Left 4 Dead
                              Bioshock

Both on the 360, both amazing games.

Comment

Just started up NMH again. Managed to beat the second assassin fairly easily, which is an improvement on the first one! Didn't feel particularly stylish, though – just gradually knocking the health off.

Comment

Working...
                                X