• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m3evo View Post
    I preferred Sneaky Snakes on the GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Sniper Elite on the PS2. Sneaking about derilect buildings and doing headshots has never been as much fun!
      Great game (on Xbox too) but flawed. I have always felt they lost faith in the original concept and bunged in some sub-Medal of Honor quality elements just for variety. If they'd just stuck to the stealth and sniping cut out the psychic AI and crudely obvious event triggers it would have been truly brilliant.

Comment

Re: my post earlier this year. Just started my first replay in 7 years of LoK: Soul Reaver on the DC.

Everything I said about it holds up. On the DC the only things to indicate it's a PS port is a bit of fogging and pop-up, although it's very well diusguised. Some of the character models look very crude when they use the game engine for cut scenes and there is a general lack of texture but otherwise it looks brilliant considering it's an 8 year old game.

The PAL version I'm playing doesn't have a 60Hz option and is presented in that all too familiar unoptimised PAL top/bottom bordered format. It might be because my 32" WS JVC CRT TV may be running at 75Hz (never been able to get confirmation of this) but even at 50Hz it looks very smooth and flicker free. Probably because of the letterboxing I'm actually running it full pseudo-WS with minimal distortion thanks to a few tweaks in the TV's service menu.

Comment

thought i would update this ....was playing x3 the threat....that game should have got more coverage then it did....sure its a aquired taste but since it was made by a fairly small studio....it is a amazing piece of work

shame it never got the xbox release

Comment

ahh good timing. just been finishing off geist on the cube. i dont think it got particularly bad reviews back in the day, but i dont think they were that good either. i think its a fantastic game, certainly could have used a bit more polish and fleshing out, but its such a great concept - youre a ghost and you can possess people! brilliant. some of the ways you scare people are great as well.

my biggest gripe with the game is the last boss. completely different from the rest of the game, changes the control scheme for the worse, theres nothing to possess, no trick, just shoot him when you can... quite sad really

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              Castlevania: Curse of Darkness on the PS2. Totally underrated and overlooked because its a 3d Castlevania game. Graphics & story aside, i thought it was a fantastic game. Plays alot like SOTN and its other incarnations. So check it out if your a Castlevania fan or not. The music is steller! Composed by Michiru Yamane no less.
              Oh, I had this for a while (someone leant it to me) and it was a pretty good game. Apart from some dodgy whip jumping bits, the game captured the essence of SOTN well.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                ahh good timing. just been finishing off geist on the cube. i dont think it got particularly bad reviews back in the day, but i dont think they were that good either. i think its a fantastic game, certainly could have used a bit more polish and fleshing out, but its such a great concept - youre a ghost and you can possess people! brilliant. some of the ways you scare people are great as well.

my biggest gripe with the game is the last boss. completely different from the rest of the game, changes the control scheme for the worse, theres nothing to possess, no trick, just shoot him when you can... quite sad really
                Yeah, that game was pretty good, actually. Like you say, it could've done with a little more polish but everything was there. A tidied up Wii version with new controls would be great as I don't think I could go back and play this on a standard control pad now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                  Yeah, that game was pretty good, actually. Like you say, it could've done with a little more polish but everything was there. A tidied up Wii version with new controls would be great as I don't think I could go back and play this on a standard control pad now.
                  indeed, though id actually prefer a sequal which im hoping is the wii game n-space is working on at the moment

Comment

Working...
                  X