Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal Fury better than Streetfighter. SHOCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked real bout 2

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
      A Ps2 Saturn pad and the Ps2 version might be the wisest choice for SF3.
      .. or an arcade stick maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        .. or an arcade stick maybe?
        If you fancy that, sure. I'm personally not so good with sticks when it comes to 2d. With 3d, I am much better with them.

But as far as pads go, the Saturn one rocks the most. Stay away from the Nuby anniversary ****e at all costs. I have that Chun Li edition, it played like crap.

Comment

I prefer MotW as well over 3S, in fact I prefer it over most 2D fighting games, with the exception of KOF98. I don't understand how anyone could find it boring, the only criticism I can give it is the small character roster. I've been playing it with my friends ever since it came out and it's still good for hours of competition every time I boot it up.

Comment

MOTW is my fav 2d beatemup even more so than SF2 zero 2 and I adore SF2 series. The game got me into Neo Geo AES for awhile when I bought it when it came out on DC (and later sold the AES cart as I prefered the arranged DC music anyway lol). I bought it cheap not so long ago on PS2 so I can play it on my JPN PS3 (but got such a pile of games not even opened it yet). For me it has it all. (I rate after zero 2 and this KOF99 DC and Last blade 2 then 1 then Rb FF2 Neo Geo as my other fav 2d fighters). Ive never been a huge fan of SF3 series.

Games like SNKvs and MarvelVs are utter piles of elephant dung compared to this.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2008, 19:14.

Comment

MoTW is awesome. I used to play it constantly. Three thumbs up for you, buzz.

It might seem shallow at first, but the combo system is quite interesting. I can't remember the details, cause it's been years, but there's definitely more to it than Just Defending.

I enjoyed MoTW more than 3S, but to be honest, 3S felt like a more complex and richer experience. I never dedicated enough time to it to really understand its complexities.

Comment

I really can't see why or how you can compare the likes of Marvel vs Capcom or Snk vs Capcom tpe games to the standard SF3 or SFZero3 they play completely different and IMHO the Marvel vs Capcom type games jus lack finesse. Its jus a button mashing excecise........

A good fighter lets you calculate attacks and play at a speed where you are able to think.

As for Garow being better than SF3, i can't say as i have never played SNKs lil gem.

Although i may be old skool in my logic of how 2D beat em ups should be played. Ive kinda moved on to the '2.5D' of VF5 and Tekken5. Hand to Hand combat all the way......... none of this weapons stuff like in Soul Cali

Comment

I don't like the 'vs' games either, but I must admit, playing MVC2 well takes a tremendous amount of skill.

Comment

I'm no beat 'em up expert but MOTW was my fave 'non-weapons' SNK fighter back when I owned an AES. I thought it was great to play (found it far more accessable than some SNK fighters - probably because I'd only ever played Capcom fighters previously) and wonderful to look at. Much as I loved it though I do prefer Third Strike as it just feels that bit more weighty and prescise and satisfying to play (and maybe I do have that Capcom heritage in me).

Comment

For me the VS games are ok I do have a fondness for one of the Marvel VS on Saturn BUT their as much about flashy extras and leaping about as owt else. I like to be tacticle on my 2d fighters. I thought same of MOTW at first that it would be very basic with at the time (as my first NEO GEO game Id played) only 4 buttons but its got oodles of depth and its very easy to get into.

Comment

KOF98 will always be the best non weapons fighter on the neo in my opinion, but MOTW is indeed very good.

Comment

SF3 is my favourate fighting game of all time by some margin. Give it a little time and practice with each character and you'll discover there's literaly years of mileage in it. The tactics, the balance, the various match ups and combos, it's the game that just keeps on giving especially when playing a similarly skilled opponent. Admitedly some of the bg's and music are great and the many of the characters aren't initially appealiing but none of this really matters, as a game of pure physics it's perfection and that's what really matters imo.

I think Garou is a fairly close second but I've really not put in the hours. Besides MOTW there's really nothing that comes close, nostalgia aside the early SF games are redundant in comparison, and MVC2 etc are just nice looking crap tbh, cool fan service, no depth.

Comment

Real Bout Special dons them all.

Comment

At times I prefer special (I like Special Terry more) but at other times RB2 is tight too. Rick and Xiangfei are pretty worthy additions imo. But Real Bout went a bit too far with its chain combos (especially the weapon wielders), some love it some hate it (and they usually slag SamSho IV for the same reasons). I am somewhat inbetween, which is why I simply go with FF3.

Comment

I prefer Rise of the Robots. The animation is ****ing awesome, second only to Kasumi Ninja.

Comment

Working...
                                X