Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal Fury better than Streetfighter. SHOCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
    I prefer Rise of the Robots. The animation is ****ing awesome, second only to Kasumi Ninja.
    Gufaw! Never one to shy away from fighting game banter, here is my take on things.
    I like MOTW, but I havn't owned it for that long (DC version). I'm not uber at it and have not really got into the full depth of it, but it plays well and looks very nice. I think the characters are pretty well designed, and the soundtrack is pretty decent too.
    I prefer third strike to it, but again it's not my favorite. I always prefer old school street fighter II, and having the parries in it, although more technical, do not suit the style of play I'm acustomed to. I also really don't get on with the characters. They are not bad, but just don't live up to the classics for me. I can see why people love it though, and I do enjoy it despite my grumbles.
    The Vs games are obviously a bit of fan service but I don't think they deserve the kicking that some people seem to give them. The Marvel vs ones have always been more floaty and spamtastic, but as far as the capcom vs snk games go I think they stand up well compared to the 'core' games from both companies. Although they are simplified they are not without their merits, and personally I rate them very highly.
    Last edited by Skull Commander; 08-07-2008, 11:39.

Comment

not to do with fatal fury....but close to topic.....came across a old gamesmaster review of samurai shodown for the neo geo...they were harping on about it being better then streetfighter 2

Last blade 2 is better then them all lol

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        not to do with fatal fury....but close to topic.....came across a old gamesmaster review of samurai shodown for the neo geo...they were harping on about it being better then streetfighter 2

I remember an old C+VG explicitly stating that Art of Fighting 2 was better than Street Fighter 2.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          LB1 > 2

Comment

I play with a street fighter pad

Comment

I own LB1 but I didn't find LB to be that much fun in competitive vs play. The repels are too easy, and you can spam Supers with ease. Although SNK always have had this 'comeback 'tendency. Also, I don't really like most of the cast of LB1... like that fisherman or the big guy. Thing with LB is, its unbalanced as hell. Some characters are simply far stronger (mainly Lee and the Guardians).

Shodown (especially 2) is deffo more rewarding, weapons are actually heavy and balance seems to be better although I can't do **** with Caffeine and Cham. Shodown is a masterpiece, its tactical goodness.

Shodown _might_ be better than SF2, but they are not really comparable. I'd say Shodown 1 owns the regular SF2, but maybe not Hyper Fighting. Calling AoF better is a travesty though, although those big ass sprites were kind of irresistible in the early 90's. I play AoF2 on regular basis, simply trying to beat it :P

Comment

AOF2 is nails. I'm playing samurai shodown III at the moment and thats very tough too. Still, the more you put into the Sam Sho games, the more you get out.

Comment

SS3 gets a lot of hate, however I do enjoy it, its really dark and doesn't suffer from the stupid CD combos introduced in SS4, yet feels a little unfinished really. It was a different development team to SS1, SS2. I never even knew there was a single sequel to SS1 until something like 1998 . hah

I love doing haohmaru's infinite in bust mode too, something like a dirt swish into a dp+d dash, could do it all day.,

Comment

SS3 isn't the worst in the series anymore, thats V. But back in the day (when there were only 4 entries) it was considered to be the worst. I felt the game went nuts on defense, air blocking was too much for the good. On the other hand, 2 slashes could mean a KO. That was actually realistic. I didn't really hate the gameplay, and thought the graphics were very fine. But I disliked its cast, they went and dumped Sieger, Gen-An, Wan Fu and much more which resulted in a lower amount of combatants. Seperate endings were dumped too. The game had an unfinished feel to it. Bust mode was a very cool addition though.

SS4 is good because it plays so smooth and has about the best cast but the main draw of the series, the slower tactical gameplay, is done for. This is about 16 hit combo's.

I still want to buy SS3 one day, its not expensive on cart.

Comment

s fighter 2, turbo,super are miles better than those other great fighters, you guys think are better ? .HD remix soon those im sure will convert u non believers

Comment

They are totally different games and theres room for every one of them, no point comparing something like SF2, to SS3.

Comment

Hey, nice to know there ARE people who love MOTW too! I defected to Dead or Alive:Ultimate last night - I like recording my fights and doing Matrix style freeze frames. I really liked DOA2 on DC, so I thought I'd try the Xbox version. The backdrops are pretty amazing. It made a nice change!
                          Can someone explain to me what's with Samurai Shodown 5. There are 2 versions, was one censored? (possibly) which is the best one to get (if any?)
                          Also I have just got Ninja Gaiden:Black, but is it true that the UK version is also censored (no decapitations). I haven't played it yet - not enough time!

Yes I really loved SF2 when I got it on my SFC(SNES) all those years ago. I'll have to give it a whirl. You wouldn't believe the impact that game had back in the day! I remember loads of my brothers friends (who were never really into games) coming round, just to play on it! And fireballs and dragon punches were new, and it seemed like you had secret knowledge when you knew how to do them.
                          I'm worried its going to seem a bit slow and clunky now, though. Those were the days when Capcom used to take the p*ss with sequels - remember Final Fight Guy, and all those SF2 variations, and still no Super Streetfighter II Turbo(?). I think you could have Super Streetfighter or Steetfighter II Turbo but not both (Turbo AND Super). Dammit Capcom!
                          Last edited by buzz909; 12-07-2008, 12:27.

Comment

Working...
                          X