No announcement yet.

collectors edition games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm halfway through selling off my PS2 games (around 250 mainly US), which i've backed up via HD loader to 4 different PS2 consoles (around 500 gigs worth). Sold all my Xbox games (60+) a few months back too.
    I'm spending the money on upgrading my old Sony 5.1 amp and speakers to something a bit newer.

Comment

I've only got the MGS4 LE, which came with the console... it's a nice set though, I like the box and the bonus blu ray has got some really interesting footage on it.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        on the chopping block would be my Jpn N64 stuff (80+), PSX (350+), Saturn (200+) or Dreamcast (300+)

bah!!
        You do go at it a bit hardcore don't you Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Collector's Editions are the lowest of the low. Just give us a COMPLETED and QUALITY games in the first fu<king first place, no rubber be-jibbits or whatnots.
          The Collectors' Editions don't take any resources away from programming, though. It's not like they take one of the developers and say "oy, you! quit working on the graphics engine - we need someone to design the tin box & DTP the art book". It's surely the publisher's marketing department that does the collector's editions, and the only effect upon QUALITY of the COMPLETED game is that it makes more money, so that more money can be spent on programmers & testers.

You're free to think these are rubbish from the standpoint of your own value & purchasing, but they probably go to subsidise your gaming, rather than detracting from it.

Stroller.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
            i admit, i am a sucker for owning the "best" edition of anything, games or otherwise. eg, i dont own a single disc movie if there is a double disc version around.
            I tend to be the same if I'm buying full-price new - in that case I'll always check DVDcompare & import from the US if necessary - but now I'm picking up a lot of decent movies secondhand or from the bargain bin at ?2.50 - ?4 a pop. At that price it rarely seems worthwhile bothering if a DVD isn't the one I would prefer for my "collection" - I can always rebuy the best version later if necessary.

Stroller.

Comment

here the fallout 3 ltd edition cost me a extra 10 euros ....and for the little toy the making of dvd the hard back 95 page art book and the cool lunch box style tin case i thought it was worth the extra

Comment

I used to go for any collectors edition if it were available, but for the life of me I can't work out why. I never watch/touch ANY of the extra material (I'm the same with movies).

So now I stick to the regular release, unless there's additional content in the game itself.

Comment

I think in the last 5 years or so, I've maybe bought half a dozen CE/LE versions of a game, with Far Cry 2 & Fallout 3 being the most recent. Sometimes I'm tempted, but more often than not I'll pass & go for the 'regular' edition.

Comment

One thing that would swing me on a CE is vastly improved art for the package. The Play.com exclusive PoP one for example is stunning.

Instead of:

... is a complete no brainer, unless there's a major cost implication.

Comment

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a CE game unless it was for a game I really liked, and even then, it would have to be worthwhile.

I think the only CE game I own is Ico and that's only because it was the only copy in the shop anyway.
                      Last edited by Ady; 05-11-2008, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                        One thing that would swing me on a CE is vastly improved art for the package. The Play.com exclusive PoP one for example is stunning.
                        Very nice. Perhaps the forming of my '?20 or less' gaming club can wait a bit longer.

Comment

Couldn't care less. I spend most of my time trying to find the cheapest possible version. Why would i want to pay more for a bunch of useless crap and a stupid shaped box?

Comment

dude, its 'limited'

Comment

Working...
                            X