Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now done...

1st chapter - Easy - Hard
    2nd chapter - Easy - Hard - Very Hard (done this first time!)

3rd chapter, Yeah right! Any tips? It's bloody hard I know that much. I found chapter 2 Very Hard, really easy. There's a tactic to it.

Comment

Try looking on the jap. thread where all this has already been covered.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
        Try looking on the jap. thread where all this has already been covered.
        WTF?

My copy turned up today, typical, it turns up the one day I have to be in out of the country. ft: I guess I will have to play it tonight when I get back at 23:00

Comment

Originally posted by 007
          3rd chapter, Yeah right! Any tips? It's bloody hard I know that much.
          As Dave said, this has all been covered in the Jpn thread. I suppose 60 odd pages is a lot to browse thru though. So....

Tip for Story #3 - Set the top speed/acceleration slider to approx 70%.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
            Anyone know how to get past the second stage in the story mode? The one where you have to collect 30 tokens within 60secs? I've been trying for the last 2 hours and I'm finding it impossible with only 29 as my best.
            This one took me a good gour and a half with much cursing.

The trick is on the first two laps to try and catch as many boost icons as possible, ofcourse this is not always easy as there are a few places where three pods are laid out horizontally thus necessating that one of these pods be collected each lap.

It's also a good idea to re-energise your ship whenever you have the opportunity as you will need to boost, boost, boost on the final lap.

I can only imagine what this level is like on 'very hard', scary thought.
            This is what I have been doing mate. I thought there was some other trick to it like having to use the left or right shoulder buttons to zig zag across the track or something instead. Could you tell me at what setting your craft was and how much time you did it within because I only know of one other person who cleared it with .27ms to spare, which doesn't give me much hope.

I think I'm going to give it a break because my eyes are so dry from not blinking.

Cheers.

Comment

npg Posted: Wed Sep 03, 7:08 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Could you tell me at what setting your craft was and how much time you did it within because I only know of one other person who cleared it with .27ms to spare, which doesn't give me much hope.
              npg,

I set the craft to maximum speed/minimum acceleration. I did it in a time of 59.99 with 00.01 seconds remaining but I did scrape the sides a couple of times so there is 'slight' room for 'slight' error.

Good luck.

Comment

Story 3 hard? Pah took me 7 attempts to do it. All you have to do is boost lots and be on min energy in time for one of the sheild strips. Just boost like mad and make sure you use the jumps to cut every corner possible. And you'll do it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
                  npg Posted: Wed Sep 03, 7:08 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Could you tell me at what setting your craft was and how much time you did it within because I only know of one other person who cleared it with .27ms to spare, which doesn't give me much hope.
                  npg,

I set the craft to maximum speed/minimum acceleration. I did it in a time of 59.99 with 00.01 seconds remaining but I did scrape the sides a couple of times so there is 'slight' room for 'slight' error.

Good luck.
                  Oh good, I'll continue with it, now that I know that.

Thanks.

Comment

the computer slows down/speeds up in story mode to keep things difficult for you no matter how good you are, the best tip is to boost like mad, take every shortcut, and on the final straight just risk it and keep tabbing that boost button! you'll run out of health but you normally jump 2/3 places.. im sure u knew that strategy tho :P

Comment

Did some GP action last night and unlocked the Diamond cup. Ouch, those tracks are unforgiving. Rinsed Novice with all 1st places, but the first time round that Lateral Shift Sand track ate all my lives. Soon found that the key is to get out in front and then its pretty much plain sailing from there.

I think F-Zero GX has given me tunnnel vision. My peripheral vision when im playing that game is non-existent. Love it

Comment

Great game i've done first three cups on novice and first one on standard. Unlocked about 5 ships and a few engine parts . Stuck on story 3 at the moment :S i'm finding despite constant speeding at the end i still can't overtake first place

Comment

What do you have to complete to buy the Fire Stingray?

I've now done...

1st chapter - Easy - Hard
                          2nd chapter - Easy - Hard - Very Hard (done this first time!)
                          3rd chapter - Easy - Hard

Stuck on 4th chapter at the minute. Do I need to destroy every ship including my rivals then go over the line?

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                            What do you have to complete to buy the Fire Stingray?
                            The Fire Stingray is available from the start.

Comment

Cock.

Is that one of the fastest ships untill you start to unlock the others? I've bought a couple of others that have good speed. But can't decide which one is the best. I need something that is fast, can take corners well, and doesn't slide. So basically, a perfect ship.

I've been using the Hyperspeed. That's pretty damn fast.

Comment

007 - The best stock car for TT'ing is the Sonic Phantom.

Comment

Working...
                                X