No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Play Asia had non-SF4 branded Madcatz TE sticks and fight pads on their site for a bit yesterday. They seem to have pulled the page, but the image is still up:

Doesn't really look as nice as the SF4 one, particularly with that horrible Mad Catz logo on it.

Comment

well the artwork can always be replaced.
      i guess madcatz has found their footing by making arcade sticks from now on but they still do make some crappy peripherals.

Comment

The TE was hard to screw up, even for Crapcatz. Its full Sanwa and the casing looks like its being ripped out of a viewlix.

Comment

Ooh, i'd like the white TE stick. New art wok and it'd be lovely.

Comment

Personally, I'd like one with either a metal top plate or at least one with a matt finish. The TE's shiny transparent plastic gets rather filthy looking, and totally scratched if you try to clean it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure MadCatz would make a bloody fortune if they offered alternative panels with official artwork for other games, or even just different SFIV designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                I'm pretty sure MadCatz would make a bloody fortune if they offered alternative panels with official artwork for other games, or even just different SFIV designs.
                yeah they would. i have resisted changing the artwork on my TE for the sole reason that i.m going to run out the warrenty before i do. last ting io want is for the stick to fail and then not be able to have a replacement as i have opened it.
                also has anyone noticed that the button layout is odd, see below.

............RB...LB
                .......Y...RT...LT
                ...X...B
                ...A

Is it me or is this odd. L and R are the wrong way round. i did think that it was to match the SFIV default setting but it doesnt match that either.
                Last edited by concretesnail; 19-07-2009, 16:10. Reason: ballsed formating

Comment

All the SF games on the PS1/2/3 I've played have had the face buttons as LP/LK/MP/MK and R1/R2 as HP/HK, and I'm sure that's what they did for 360 as well, which looks like the layout here.

Unless SF4 on 360's default isn't the same? Is it correct if the controller type is set to controller and not arcade stick?

Comment

i did have look at the defaults for both and neither match. what i found odd was that the rt rb button are on the left and lt lb are on the right. as they dont match the button config you would have the buttons would have matched the physical orientaion.

Comment

You sure? My fightpad has *Exactly* that layout (well, if you accept that the LT and LB have been stuck on the shoudler buttons.), and all the SE and TE I've seen do too.

That's the default controller setting 1 on the 360 version of SF4.

But what you've put in your diagram there doesn't actually match the photo...

That TE photo has the same layout as the HORI EX2 by the looks.

Comment

right, i have fixed the button config, it matches now. me being dense but i still find it odd navigating on the stick as all sliding done via the bumpers is backwards. right being left and so on.

Comment

They've changed the layout of that new TE stick to match the Hori EX2 but the TE stick out now has the same layout as what concretesnail put up there, and can be seen in this photo.

SF4 on 360's default mapping for the controller (not stick) is the same as the red TE stick layout in that photo and the SE stick (which I used to own). They've placed the buttons like that so you don't need to change anything which is handy when playing in a tournament or something.

Not sure why that photo apes the Hori button layout though. I prefer the fightstick layout as it means I don't have to set the buttons in HD Remix either.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post

SF4 on 360's default mapping for the controller (not stick) is the same as the red TE stick layout in that photo and the SE stick (which I used to own). They've placed the buttons like that so you don't need to change anything which is handy when playing in a tournament or something.
                            thats what i noticed as i had is set to stick and changed it over to controller to get the match. the one thought that i did have, well question, does having controller set rather than stick change anything else, like imput times or toration of vauge inputs.

Comment

Won a ps1 namco stick off ebay boxed for £36 including postage, it was described as good condition but when it turned up it was absolutely mint, I cannot find a mark on it, well chuffed. Its a good enough stick to use completely stock really, hence why I sold my less nice condition modded one and I'm keeping this one stock instead.

Great for ps1, ps2, ps3 with a usb converter and PC for mame/ggpo

Comment

I still have that one and although its over 10 years old, its still not broken.

While its one of the better stock sticks around, I'm spoilt by the TE which just owns it in terms of feeling and accuracy. Its hard going back to those hori parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X