No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the MadCatz SE stick and really like it. Its a lot better than the EX2 even in its standard form.

The beauty of the SE, is like the TE, the stick and buttons use connectors so you can straight swap them out without any soldering at all. You can just buy direct replacements and plonk them in.

Comment

Just been reading up on the Madcatz and apparently it can have some issues? something to do with a washer on the stick - anyone experiencing problems?

Comment

Yeah the shoryuken forums are rife with that issue. I used mine all weekend and so far I haven't had any issues.

From what folk have said on the forums you can pretty much tell straight out the box if you have a dodgy stick. Not doing a great deal for MadCatz rep. At 70 quid I would expect better.

Comment

I've got my TE sat snugly behind the couch unopened! See, I've also got one coming from Gameshark but I found one in gamestation a few days after pre-ordering. So thought I'd just grab it to be on the safe side.

And as long as I dont open it they will give me a full refund within 10 days. I'm still waiting on the Gameshark order to come through though. If they don't then I stick with the gamestation one.

I just can't afford having two!! ...

Edit: that last wee pun wasn't even intended!! Woop!
          Last edited by kyo_244; 23-02-2009, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
            I've got my TE sat snugly behind the couch unopened! See, I've also got one coming from Gameshark but I found one in gamestation a few days after pre-ordering. So thought I'd just grab it to be on the safe side.

And as long as I dont open it they will give me a full refund within 10 days. I'm still waiting on the Gameshark order to come through though. If they don't then I stick with the gamestation one.

I just can't afford having two!! ...

Edit: that last wee pun wasn't even intended!! Woop!
            You could sell it on here? Perhaps to me please?

Comment

Couple of questions:

1) How easy it is to mod a PS2 HRAP to be compatible with the 360?

2) Anyone know someone who does it? (preferably in London to save on postage)

Comment

Originally posted by Soi View Post
                Couple of questions:

1) How easy it is to mod a PS2 HRAP to be compatible with the 360?

2) Anyone know someone who does it? (preferably in London to save on postage)
                Do you want it to still work with the PS2? If not, it's fairly straightforward. Just gut a 360 pad, and solder onto the appropriate points on the PCB. Have a look at the padhacking thread on SRK.

If you want a dual system stick, then it's a bit trickier, as only certain PCBs will work with each other.

Comment

Don't care about keeping PS2 use.

I haven't the skills to do it myself, so looking to get someone to do it for me. For money of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                    You could sell it on here? Perhaps to me please?
                    As you can imagine, I've already had a few PMs for this

I'll need to place you on the list

The demand for these sticks is craaaazy!

Comment

Hello stick guys.

Can anyone recommend a decent soldering tool for a beginner and also a dremel (?)? Not too sure what a dremel is, but I think it could be a swapable head multi-tool bonanza thing. I need that to make button holes on my stick plate a tad wider to fit in Sanwa buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        Hello stick guys.

Can anyone recommend a decent soldering tool for a beginner and also a dremel (?)? Not too sure what a dremel is, but I think it could be a swapable head multi-tool bonanza thing. I need that to make button holes on my stick plate a tad wider to fit in Sanwa buttons.
                        What stick are you modding hoolak?

Comment

A Hori FS3. I'm using this SRK thread as a guide...

You can get them looking like this...

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                            The TE sticks are pretty special, man. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Received my TE today and it is amazing!

It's a really nice piece of kit, the stick & buttons are so responsive and the larger size (compared to my DC stick) means it isn't murder on my wrists.

Thankfully it also works perfectly with my PC and I haven't experienced any of the reported isues.

Couldn't believe the size of the packing box though....huge is an understatement!

-----

I want to replace the ball top & buttons (just the white one) for purely cosmetic reasons. I'm toying with either a yellow or green ball and having the top row of buttons one colour and the bottom another......what do you guys reckon would go well with the standard dustplate?

Comment

Just got these to go in my HRAP3 as soon as I can extract it from the clutches of Parcelforce:

Not decided whether to go with the bat top or ball yet. I'll try both and see which I prefer. The bubble balls are really nice, though (if a bit hard to capture in a photo):

Also got a 360 controller on its way so I can rip out the PCB and make the stick dual system.

Comment

Whenever i see that joystick it always makes me chuckle. Reminds me of a never used before anal plug.

I've got a green bubbletop arriving for me tomorrow aswell as all my sanwa buttons. Will post picks when i've done it. I'm modding my HRAP EX.

Comment

Working...
                                X