No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have one of these t0o so I may start on that instead, then we can both phail together!!

Comment

I'm going to mod my EX2 also at the end of March.

Can't afford it this month. I might even splash out on some pearlescent paint and give the case a spray.

FFS I just had a can of spicy Heinz beans + meatballs at dinner, I just farted and nearly made myself vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi View Post
        Don't care about keeping PS2 use.

I haven't the skills to do it myself, so looking to get someone to do it for me. For money of course.
        Si mate, can you pm me your email address? Your inbox is full, didn't want to text you during work hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
          I'm going to mod my EX2 also at the end of March.

Can't afford it this month. I might even splash out on some pearlescent paint and give the case a spray.

FFS I just had a can of spicy Heinz beans + meatballs at dinner, I just farted and nearly made myself vomit.
          I'm going to take of the artwork of my FS3 to reveal the metal plate, which I hope to spray or something. What are the rules for that kind of shindig? Do I spray and then pray or do I spray and then coat it in somekind of primer? What type of paint too?

Comment

I'm looking to laminate some art and then possibly spraymount it onto the plate, but if that doesn't work out I'll be looking to spray also - not Fallows style tho...

Comment

Before:

After:

Finally done it now. Heres the result.

Gremlin Solutions:
              1 x GT-Y £6.00
              1 x LB-39 Green £4.50
              4 x OBSF-30 Red £6.80
              4 x OBSF-30 Green £6.80
              2 x OBSF-24 Green £3.20
              Delivery/Packaging £3.00
              Subtotal: £30.30

Changed the square gate to an octogonal one. Which is the Sanwa GT-Y. So much better now and theres a hell of a difference between the stock Hori to the Sanwa's, you only need to slightly touch the buttons to recieve a response. Phenomenal.

Comment

Six quid for a restrictor plate? They used to sell them for £3.50!

I put GTY's in my cab and it was fine for capcom games but I found when I was playing KOF99 MVS I couldn't do Kyo's HCB moves for the life of me, it was maybe 10% success rate. I rebuilt the stick thinking it had a dodgy microswitch, even swapped the sticks around, last thing I tried was putting the old square restrictor plates back on, and just like that, back up to 95%. The octagonal plates are fine, and good for most people but I find if you're used to qcf motions on a stick you really don't need them.
                Last edited by kernow; 25-02-2009, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                  I'm going to take of the artwork of my FS3 to reveal the metal plate, which I hope to spray or something. What are the rules for that kind of shindig? Do I spray and then pray or do I spray and then coat it in somekind of primer? What type of paint too?
                  You'll need a metal primer first, paint, then lacquer if you want a gloss finish. Halfords car paint will do you fine, unless you want something snazzy like metal flake, two tone etc

Comment

Stick look's great Mr Zero.

Are the stick and buttons the same green in the flesh?

Comment

Aye, nice work

Comment

Im waiting on Gremlin Solutions to ship my order its been days and ive heard nothing, pretty ****ty for 5quid postage, what they playing at atm

Comment

If anyone's after a reasonably priced 360 stick Amazon has Hori EX2's for £39.13 at the moment. I've got one as a second stick for multiplayer and they're easily worth that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                            Im waiting on Gremlin Solutions to ship my order its been days and ive heard nothing, pretty ****ty for 5quid postage, what they playing at atm
                            They are very busy. Give them a message through their website and they should get straight back to you. I ordered in two lots and i asked them if they could combine my orders and refund me the difference. Which they did. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Wavey the bubbletop and buttons aren't the same green unfortunatly, but it looks nice in my eyes none the less.

Would have loved to have a custom pic of cammy on it, would have looked good with the colours i've picked. Shame i'm no good at that sort of thing.

Comment

Got my EX today as well - swapped in some Seimitsu buttons & bubble top:

Comment

Like it Mr D, very tasteful.

Comment

Working...
                                X