No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there any decent original Xbox arcade sticks out? i mainly need it to play my Xbox Mame and Neo Geo emulators.

i am also wondering if there are any adaptors to make my PS2 Namco stick or my Dreamcast stick work?

any ideas/recommendations? thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Uli; 02-08-2010, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
      RE: Supergoal.

I'm looking to invest in one of these beasts, and just wondered what's it like when playing on the lap compared to the MadCatz TE?

Apart from acute deep-vein-thrombosis, is there any difficulties over the MadCatz stick?
      I haven't used the TE stick, but I do know that they use the same Sanwa components so no problems over the quality.
      As for putting it on your lap. Do you want kids?
      It's ok, but I prefer it on a table in front of me. It's as solid as a rock and doesn't move at all on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        are there any decent original Xbox arcade sticks out? i mainly need it to play my Xbox Mame and Neo Geo emulators.

i am also wondering if there are any adaptors to make my PS2 Namco stick or my Dreamcast stick work?

any ideas/recommendations? thanks in advance!
        I use one of these to use my Dreamcast Arcade Stick on the original Xbox. It only translates the A, B, X and Y buttons though and not C and Z. Not ideal for any 6 button games (e.g. Street Fighter) but okay otherwise.

There was also this, which was, I think, based on the official Sega Japanese Saturn stick so should be okay.

Comment

i have also been using the magic box adaptors and if you need siw button then the saturn or ps sections do that fine. i just my hrap on the xbox just fine.

Comment

Oh stick gurus! I want to try seimitsu buttons instead of the sanwas, which are really to sensitive for my blunt object approach, which seimitsu's will fit in OBSF-30 slots?

cheers

Comment

yes, straight swap, both are 30mm

Comment

Originally posted by JutmanCustoms View Post

WOW, that stick is absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                  Oh stick gurus! I want to try seimitsu buttons instead of the sanwas, which are really to sensitive for my blunt object approach, which seimitsu's will fit in OBSF-30 slots?

cheers
                  Any 30mm ones.

Comment

Ah i see the 30 is the diameter? thanks ill give it a try
                    Last edited by Largo; 11-08-2010, 23:37.

Comment

VSHG- hi, i've read all the pages and can't find what this means !!! I love looking at some of the brilliant mods and custom jobs you guys and gals have done. I really liked the cake that some guys mrs made him too ! There's no way my mrs would ever make out like that for me
                      Also,
                      Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

?40 quid for tekken 6 and stick looks ok. Is it a better stick than my hori ex2 ?

I just bought this from shopto this week,

I presume this is the first gen te stick ? I'm still getting used to it, but already find it a lot better than my hori ex2 that i got brand new from gamestation for 20 quid about a month before SF4 came out ! prob get about that for it now. In good nick of course.

Comment

VSHG = Virtua Stick Hi Grade (Sega PS3 stick).

The stick in the shopto pic is indeed the 1st version of the TE stick. Very nice it is too and it has quick disconnects so nice & easy to replace the buttons etc. should you ever need /want to.

Comment

You don't need to though lol.

Comment

True but it's always nice to have the option

Comment

thanks for the replies. i still haven't got ssf4, as i'm cack at the first one, is ss worth getting ? i'm really after mushihimesama futari, and raiden can't come soon enough, i'm dying for some schmups !

Comment

SSFIV is more balanced, more characters make it more varied too.

It's like £15 in Gamestation, well worth it imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X