No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this has been covered already but what's the best stick option for the PS2? Those Namco ones look really tidy. Do peeps recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Sorry if this has been covered already but what's the best stick option for the PS2? Those Namco ones look really tidy. Do peeps recommend?
      Yeah they're very good, I have a minty one for sale on eBay at the moment.
      If you're interested let me know.

Comment

Cheers Neil, I'll have a think about that

Comment

I've just broken my fifth madcatz fight pad and I'm thinking it might be time to try another arcade stick, for durability if nothing else. I'm a joypad apologist and can't use arcade sticks for **** so I'm looking for recommendations. I'll use it for playing 3rd Strike exclusively. I'm looking for a 360 one as I have an adapter for using 360 stuff on PS3.

I quite like the Neo Geo original stick but absolutely hate the official Dreamcast stick. I can't even play shooters with that as the joystick feels so spongy and innacurate in my hands. Is the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX a good one to try? I don't know what kind of joystick gate I need. I can't solder so I'd prefer not to get one that needs to be modded.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Comment

We stock a range of QanBa fight sticks, which are suitable for use on either Playstation, Xbox or PC. We offer worldwide shipping for our QanBa fight sticks and various shipping options are available at the time of order.

Comment

If you are looking for a cheaper option I may be selling my Hori EX2 stick soon (360). Perfect condition and boxed etc.
              It's a little basic I guess so depends on if it would suit your needs.

Comment

I have a couple of modding questions for a HRAP3, all about the mhmm...bezel? I don't know how to call it. I'd like to customize the hand rest with...something I still need to come up with, but so far I've been unlucky in finding a template with the correct dimensions and button holes. Any suggestions?
                Also, what materials are best for the hand rest to print on? Good paper with plexyglass to protect it?

Comment

There is a Rap Ex on av forums at the moment Mr Whistle.

Comment

I'd advise against an EX2 personally. briareos - do you mean you want to replace the art? If so: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

Comment

Great, thanks speedlolita.

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I think the Qanba Q4 that speedlolita linked looks like the best bet so far due to the dual compatibility. How is the actual joystick on the Qanba? Does it have alot of travel? I am hoping for a joystick that feels more like the Neo Geo stick than the horrible Dreamcast arcade stick with it's massive ball and spongy feel.

Comment

The Qanba has proper parts so it'll feel like using a cab.

I suggest you add a tighter spring if you want it stiffer - I've got a seimitisu spring in my JLF and it's perfect.

Comment

Madcatz stick for Soul Calibur. Same old same old, only the button layout is the same as the Hori EX ones rather than how they usually lay them out.

Comment

I actually really like how that looks. Haha!

Comment

Me too, especially the way the sides are blue and red. The bezel is cool, too.

I wonder if they'll release just the face plate like they did with MK9? I imagine not, as MK's layout is quite different to the SF one so the faceplate makes sense, whereas this just has the last two buttons moved down a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X