No announcement yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll probably be christmas 2010 now - short of a new Zelda game which noone is going to see this side of 2012 by the sound of things, nintendo won't have any system seller otherwise for that period.

Comment

As long as the game has 100+ fun stars to collect, I am good. Can't wait for it personally.

Comment

Oooooooooo - this could easily be the game to get me re-buying a Wii...!!!

Comment

Play had it listed as November which made me excited but yeah, next year. Boooo!

Comment

Just a round up after the Press conference.

US - 23rd May 2010
            Euro - 11th June 2010
            JPN - tbc

Trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ni...er-mario/62271
            Gameplay - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ni...er-mario/62299

Previews
            1up - http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3178108
            Wired - http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/0...io-galaxy-2-2/

Comment

Originally posted by Me, in the Nintendo announcement thread
              Or how about some games actually being released for the Wii in Japan? Everything worth owning for the Wii lately has either been delayed, unreleased, censored, or a combination of these in Japan.
              Originally posted by Bort View Post
              Just a round up after the Press conference.

US - 23rd May 2010
              Euro - 11th June 2010
              JPN - tbc

Comment

If true I think this is disappointing.

In an interesting move, Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed to Game Informer that Super Mario Galaxy 2 will not feature a hub world as seen in previous 3D Mario titles.

Hubs including the famous Princess Peach’s Castle, Delfino Island and the hub from Super Mario Galaxy have all been featured in Mario’s 3D platformer outings except for Super Mario Galaxy 2 which will adopt a traditional world map view seen in traditional Mario titles.

Miyamoto said the reason for this is for convenience of the player:

“We want players to focus on the joy of the action instead of getting to each game course. We wanted to make it as accessible as possible and as easy as possible for the players. “Also because we’re going to incorporate a number of different stars and conquering all the stars is going to be one of the most challenging missions for the player, we want them to understand as easy as possible where they should go next and which places they should go back to in order to get access to the remaining stars.”
                Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be out on Wii on June 11th

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  It's just making up for Japan getting the best versions of games and released years before the rest of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                    If true I think this is disappointing.

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/03/...ops-world-hub/

They showed pics of the world map at the recent press event. pic.

SMG's hub wasn't really comparable to the castle or Delfino so it isn't a great or noticeable loss.

Still no JPN release date (unless I missed it). Hopefully the JPN version will launch first so I'm not stuck playing an english version.

Comment

Sad to hear there isn't going to be a hub world as it's a staple for the 3d mario games but the one in SMG wasn't All that anyway.

Comment

I'm quite open to the idea of returning to the 'world maps' of old actually, not that I have anything against the hub structure.

Comment

SMG's hub was poor imo. so I'm not unhappy about that change.

I think hubs sometimes remove the sense of 'travellling' in a game.
                          If you get booted back to the same environment every 5 mins, it just gets repetitive and feels like unnecessary padding.

I thought that the hub in SMG reduced the feeling of adventure throughout the game. Somehow, it managed to make space feel... small.

Edit: SM64's castle was brilliant though. But that was a proper level of its own, not just a handful of portals with a water feature in the middle.
                          Last edited by Tig; 22-03-2010, 18:37.

Comment

The castle was amazing. Even by today's standards.

Comment

NO HUB ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Man, I enjoy the hub, even if the galaxy one was not quite up to scratch. If they could get something as good as the castle again it would be fantastic. Having a map doesnt seem to fit with the game layout in my opinion, seems to drastic a change from the first galaxy. Oh well, it shall still be wonderful.

Comment

New Trailer.

Up to 720p.

Shows off one new suit, one new pickup, one new Yoshi mode and how the hub/world map will work.
                                Last edited by Bort; 31-03-2010, 18:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X