Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$14.99 for 250mb of data? Surely there is some typo there cos that's the worst data plan I have ever seen. I bought a mobile broadband sim last week with 3gb data on it for 12 quid. Is vita locked to these network plans?

Comment

My GF would burn through 250mb in under 20 minutes.

Comment

I pay Orange ?7.50/month for 250MB data, so I don't see it as a typo. As to whether that's reasonable or not, I've no idea. My line rental is ?10 and, because I'm actually paying for 250MB(and use about 50-80MB/month), the unused data gets rolled over. When I signed up for it, my mates on O2 Simplicity had unlimited data options with a fair use limit of 200MB, which meant no roll-over of course.

I see 3 has proper unlimited data plans and davek22's ?12/3GB is great in comparison. Do the 3G Vitas have removable SIMs?

Comment

Vodafone do 250mb for ?5 a month. That's what I have in my Vita.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

giffgaff's phone tarrifs include a ?10 one with unlimited texts and data and the data really is unlimited. Can you put a regular phone SIM into a Vita though?

Comment

Cheers, J0e.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                That seems insane. What exactly would one need 3G for? Could it possibly be worth that?
                Doesn't the 3G version have built in GPS too?

Currently use my PSP for sat nav both here and Japan, the built in GPS would be attractive to me.

Comment

If you need a data only sim why not go for one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Three-...item4cfcf1eb62
                  thats what i use in my ipad. Once the three months is up i bin it and chuck another one in. If you do a 3 month top up its ?25!
                  Cheapest I`ve picked these up for is about ?10 via amazon market place.

Comment

Unless the US and EU launches prove massive successes beyond Sonys dreams it looks pretty likely that Sony is going to have to do some repositioning with the Vita next Easter/E3 time at the latest. I can't see the wi-fi model moving too much as it's probably already pushing it for Sony and is the more popular model but I bet there'll be some major deals on the 3G model making the price difference disappear.

Comment

Lets face it not many people will bother taking this monster out of the house, 3g is useless for it considering the amount of wifi spots about anyway.
                      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 10-01-2012, 14:31.

Comment

GPS isn't much fun in your lounge though...
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                          Lets face it not many people will bother taking this monster out of the house
                          Kutaragi said that about the PSP

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            Kutaragi said that about the PSP
                            I once said the same about an ex girlfriend

Comment

GPS would've been handy then, eh?

Comment

Famitsu have scored Wipeout 2048 a 31/40

Comment

Working...
                                X