Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I know these things Neil...

It seems the ONLY difference is from 7 is that you cannot press O to get a rear view.

It has three cars and three courses for now, which you can mirror. You have to race over and over to get Cr to upgrade your car. You have to do this with all three cars. It's repetitive, but then 7 was too. I don't see why people are moaning personally. It's a great game and online is a blast.

I doubt the DLC is region-free, but it's only 1000? for everything if you wait a week. ?12 on eBay will net you a voucher. You might be better off waiting on the PAL release as it'll all be avaiable on the UK PSN from the get go.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 19-01-2012, 18:09.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Isn't Unit 13 D/L only?
      Not in the UK. Retail release.

Comment

LOL. You know I mean in Japan.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

LOL. You know I mean in Japan.
          I know.

Can't find any info on a JPN retail release.

Comment

It has three cars and three courses... ...I don't see why people are moaning personally.
            Well, for me, that would be the reason. Thanks for the clarification though. It was one of those things reported in a blaze of fury and I wasn't ever sure it would turn out to be true. But I'll see how the DLC works out cost wise here I guess. Wasn't all that thrilled with RR 3DS so I may just have RR fatigue or maybe it peaked for me with Ridge Racers 2 on PSP, I don't know.

Comment

You may be missing the point. To fully upgrade the three stock cars takes some serious playtime. By the time you have done this the DLC will be out. The ?10 you have to spend makes it the same as a regular game in price. Unless it's your only game you won't have caught up with the DLC. Besides the entire game is available from UK launch. Nowt to fuss over whatsoever IMO.

Portable RR7 is an amazing thing once you play it.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That's the thing though - it's not just 3x courses and 3x cars, it's 3x recycled courses and 3x recycled cars. This isn't 1995 anymore.

Comment

It's a crime you're not on some sort of Sony payroll J0e. 3 cars and 3 tracks for 30 quid? What unbelievable value!

Still gonna buy it :l
                  Last edited by wakka; 20-01-2012, 02:56.

Comment

I'm sick to death of RR in general after spending what must be over 1,000hrs on it with my PSP. I'm not doing that again for as long as I live.

Comment

TBH it doesn't really matter if there was only one car. They are completely customisable, so in theory are all exactly the same. Considering you cannot even see your own car what does it matter?

I forgot to mention the team alliance thing, which is probably the most important part of the game.

When you first start you pick a team out of square, circle, X and triangle. You are then pitted against the other teams, and receive challenges randomly.

I'm in the triangle team who are currently ranked second in the world. If you manage to come across the number one player on an opposing team and beat them, you are awarded huge money and status.

The game is always online even if you're only playing single player, which makes it hugely interesting and keeps me coming back for more. Once more tracks are available it'll only get better.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-01-2012, 06:21.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That team thing sounds like the TITS.

Unfortunately I really want a new laptop for D3.

Comment

I thought ?15 from amazon / ?17 from Play for Ridge Racer was an OK price.

Comment

The team thing is the TITS. I just beat a level 15 racer whilst at level 7. I am now a triangle team VIP. I'm not quite sure what that means yet, but I guess it was anounced on the online "News Channel" that I am to be feared. I am currently ranked at 64th in the world out of over 20,000 players.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I ordered RR when it was 15 quid at Amazon. At that price it makes for a decent buy even with the short track and car list and the online mode Joe mentioned sounds great. By the way am I the only one who remembers RR on PS1. That had only one track!

Comment

There's pretty much no way around the fact that in this day and age Vita Ridge Racers content is abysmal and there's little reason why that's so. That said, I've ordered it too

Comment

Working...
                                X