Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I should get that lolly from 3 hours ago
    NGP front, back, top, bottom and side pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
      No they didn't! I see no free Pony bundled with this console!

I WANT MY PONY
      Lol! Yeah, I shouldn't have spoken for everybody I guess!

Comment

im getting one regardless, but I do hope sony dont shoot themselves in the foot by asking for too much money on these.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          Hey I should get that lolly from 3 hours ago
          NGP front, back, top, bottom and side pictures.
          http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...&postcount=345
          Are the two ellipsis touch sensitive as well or just the big bit?

Quite a clever bit of design if they are. Tactile feedback from the edges + touch sensitivity.

playing a racer those could control the brakes and accelerator pedals.

Comment

I would hazard a guess that the ellipsis parts are kind of finger grooves to rest your fingers in whilst you hold it, like a dead zone so you don't touch the trackpad whilst playing, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              No they didn't! I see no free Pony bundled with this console!

I WANT MY PONY
              Game will do a bundle. That won't let you buy it any other way.

Comment

Rear trackpad is the exact dimensions of the screen so as to provide a 1-1 mapping with the screen. Good for web browsing maybe? You could move a mouse pointer without putting your fingers all over the screen.

Question: How many here that were getting a 3DS are now considering holding off? Not many I'm guessing but it'd be nice to know if this announcement made any impact.

EDIT: Game will be all over the trade in your 3ds for a PSP2 offer!

Comment

£10,239.99 for the Pony bundle!

Save £10 on the separate buying price!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    Question: How many here that were getting a 3DS are now considering holding off? Not many I'm guessing but it'd be nice to know if this announcement made any impact.
                    7months is a long time to wait for the shiny.

I'll probably buy both

Comment

Did they confirm that this will work with existing PSP downloaded games?

Comment

Surely I get the lolly with this!

NGP by bradleysmith, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Brad; 27-01-2011, 09:57.

Comment

Noticable lack of volume controls and brightness. Looks sexay though! (Albeit massive!)

Comment

Volume on the back, like PSP Go. Gotta assume brightness controlled in software now.

Comment

That looks really nice, I'm glad its got decent looking sticks rather than the PSP's Nub.

Comment

Here are the (early) details from Sony on the 'N.G.P.':

Today in Tokyo, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. announced the next generation portable entertainment system (codename: NGP). NGP will make its debut at the end of the 2011, but here’s everything you need to know right now.
                                Key NGP features:
                                • Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
                                • Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
                                • Dual analog sticks
                                • Two cameras (front and rear)
                                • Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
                                • Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
                                • Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
                                • PlayStation Network access, including “”LiveArea™”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support
                                • NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics and video from the PlayStation Store, as well as all games newly released via PlayStation Suite.
                                Technical Specs:

CPU ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core) GPU SGX543MP4+ External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection) Screen
                                (Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
                                Multi touch screen (capacitive type) Rear touch pad Multi touch pad (capacitive type) Cameras Front camera, Rear camera Sound Built-in stereo speakers
                                Built-in microphone Sensors Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass Location Built-in GPS
                                Wi-Fi location service support Keys / Switches PS button
                                Power button
                                Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
                                Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
                                Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
                                Right stick, Left stick
                                START button, SELECT button
                                Volume buttons (+/-) Wireless communications Mobile network connectivity (3G)
                                IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
                                Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
                                Games Shown or Mentioned (Titles Not Final):
                                • Killzone
                                • Uncharted
                                • WipEout
                                • LittleBigPlanet
                                • Call of Duty
                                • Resistance
                                • Little Deviants
                                • Hot Shots Golf
                                • Reality Fighters
                                • Gravity Daze
                                • Smart As
                                • Broken
                                • Hustle Kings
                                It’s still early going, so we understand that you likely have questions not addressed here. Details such as release date, price, and more will be announced in due course. We’ll keep you updated.
                                Last edited by funkydan; 27-01-2011, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X