Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
    It's all perspective isn't it? You see a decent line up, I see overpriced iOS games.
    I'm starting to think you mistakenly played an early iPod Touch instead of a 3DS. Seriously, couldn't be less correct unless you said board games as a comparison.

Vita line up wise, it's a pretty decent launch line up though like Nintendo's launch, Sony needs to come out by Easter with some announcements of upcoming major Vita releases as it's looking pretty barren for the rest of 2012 at the moment. I'm guessing we won't hear anything till E3 though.

Comment

LOL. The Vita launch lineup sucks. Easily the worst Sony launch selection ever.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
        When it comes to the inevitable Vita Vs. 3DS debate, I can't help but feel that it's the same old ****e again. The 3DS, while weaker in terms of specs compared to the Vita , has a far better software lineup. Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart 7 & Monster Hunter Tri G piss all over whatever the Vita has to offer at the moment. As much as I like my Vita, I'm left wondering, "Where's my Wipeout & DJ Max?" In my humble opinion, 3DS is the best handheld system to own, without a doubt.
        Not fair at all. It took months for any decent software to come out for the 3DS (the 3DS been out for 10 months now), I don't think its really fair at all to compare the both in terms of software at the mo has the 3DS launch software wasn't that great eithr. I suspect in 10 months time and after the USA and Pal launches the Vita will boast a much better software line up.

Easily the worst Sony launch selection ever
        What worse than the PS2 launch- with only 1 game worth getting or the PS2 with a grand total of 2 games worth getting .

Comment

Yes, worse than the PS2 launch. RRV was phenominal at the time. Nothing wrong with SFEX3 either. FantaVision was out five days later, and Tekken Tag Tournament was out on the 30th of March. Depending on your grasp of Japanese, there were quite a few other titles that were decent too.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Japanese might be crap, I've not seen it but the us one looks great and that's launch day, not window. The 3ds only had one game I wanted. Vita is doing what I want although I'm in the minority I'm sure. 3ds will be way more successful.

Comment

I fully expect the Vita's full line up till Xmas 2012 to be awful, Sony always fluff the entire first 12 months of their systems lifes content wise.

Comment

As an import-only gamer, I disagree with you 100%.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Yes, worse than the PS2 launch. RRV was phenominal at the time. Nothing wrong with SFEX3 either. FantaVision was out five days later, and Tekken Tag Tournament was out on the 30th of March. Depending on your grasp of Japanese, there were quite a few other titles that were decent too.
                  I'm sorry RR V was a total let down for me (more so on the GFX front), and I'll never count Tekken Tag as a launch game. To me both Drakes and Hotshots Golf look top quality titles, making the Vita no worse or that much better than the PS or PS2 launches (people seem to forget how poor they were and the PS3 faired no better). After all the hype of the 2nd coming , the PS2 launch was one of the biggest letdown if terms of GFX and games.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    As an import-only gamer, I disagree with you 100%.
                    I'll give you that, lol. Chances are there'll have been a few gems released in Japan before the years out.

Comment

Tekken Tag was a launch game in every region barring Japan. So, erm, yer. Mingol 6 is exactly the same as the five main games, and numerous spin-offs that came before it, so I don't really see how you can count that as a quality title. It's just a lazy effort to shift units. RR, is the worst launch version ever. Uncharted offers nothing new over the PS3 games IMO. UMvC3 the same. I am yet to try any of the other games.

I tend to take your comments with a pinch of salt, I shall continnue to do so.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lack of first play on Ridge Racer here probably tells us the level of quaity product there.

Ridge Racer V is still one of the best PS2 games so cant see that that wasn't an amazing launch title.

Comment

It's a cross between Ridge Racers and RR7. That's all you need to know.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Both of those games ran at 60fps with loads of tracks and cars. Is it a cross between them? Actually, it would be great to get some detailed First Play impressions because, whatever about what we many need to know, all I've really heard about is the DLC thing and I'm sure there is more to the game than that.

Comment

RRV blew me away at the time and I still love the visuals due to the lighting and frame rate.
                              I have to agree with J0e, it is a poor lineup so far.

Comment

I have faith the 3DS is still far from hitting its prime, but comparatively even the first few months are looking pretty great for the Vita. I still don't understand why no-one's interested in Katamari as a launch title, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X