Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone did a similar thing on PS3 using the PS2 mode to boot the Swap Magic or something.

It probably won't do anything better than a PSP can - maybe even worse in some cases(not sure if that PicoDrive in the video needs some settings tweaked as the sound is funky and it looks like there's tearing at 0:28 although that could be the video itself) - and, seeing as whatever they do is within the confines of the PSP emulator itself, it seems highly doubtful they could somehow run the PSP emulator at a higher clock speed than the original PSP's 333MHz which would be useful in the meantime. Heck, if they could do that then it would mean they've gained access to the Vita system itself and would render the entire thing largely moot

Does anyone know if the Vita memory sticks are just modified M2 sticks? Imagine if all it took was a knife...

Comment

Yes, Wipeout is a launch title. With regards signing in with your PS3 PSN id, I believe it just imports the whole profile, so you can see what your friends are playing on their PS3 or VITA as well as the trophies you've earned for either.

Comment

The Vita cards are half Micro SD, half Pro Duo M2. Sort of. Totally unique. My 32GB may end up being too small in the future IMO. They may bring out the fabled 2TB card with some luck. I'm strongly considering abandoning my UK account so that I am uniform across both platforms for trophies. Currently I have seperate lists for PS3 and Vita, and my OCD is going crazy. LOL
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

All three of my packages containing vita stuff are out for delivery today, can't wait to play it! Has anyone picked up any of the less discussed games like army corps of hell etc? I haven't seen anyone mentioning them.

Comment

Dark Quest is excellent IMO, and even cheaper than Ridge Racer. Ashphalt Ignition is quite dire however, I'd stay away from that.

Shinobido 2 looks decent, although unreadable text may prove a problem. I'm considering it if I can get it for cheapish.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Some reports that due to the steep drop off in sales, the Vita is being being discounted by some retailers. Surely, the chance for a bargain

Comment

nah I havent got any of the smaller games, I fancied:

Dark Quest, Shinobido 2 and Army Corps of Hell - but I assumed the games would be unplayable in Japanese really...

@ J0e is Dark Quest english then?

Comment

Having read numerous reports regaring the console im suitably sceptical about it now. I have two minds over this (the old gamer telling me to pre-order it now) and the new side of me saying wait a couple of weeks after it launches as it will drop in price pretty rapid even if retailers resort to the price cut and Sony dont. Im really undecided on this currently as it does seem a hell of alot of money ?300 ish for a wi-fi version with a memory card and uncharted seems extremely steep for a handheld.

Comment

I think I'm just going to wait until the summer. I certainly want the hardware, but the ?229.99 price point is deceiving when you consider that you need a proprietory memory card (even Nintendo were good enough to include a 2GB SD card, surprising when you consider the internal storage). Given the current uncertainties over being locked into one PSN Store, I'd rather wait until we know which PSN Store is the one to go for, what implications this has with the UMD Passport feature etc.

I think the Vita will be a cracking piece of hardware once the software arrives. Much like the 3DS, there will be a dry period of no real killer apps, but the key software will soon arrive.

Comment

UMD Passport/PSN region choice is surely a no brainer? Whatever you have bought the most of up until would be the winner no?

I can't work out what all the fuss about being locked out of foreign stores is about. Everybody buys PAL games nowadays don't they? Why would it be different with Vita. Personally I'm fine to be locked to Japan as a region. ALL my games are Japanese, and it has easily the best PSN.

From what I can gather UMD Passport is region locked. Unless you have a Japanese PSP, you won't be able to register Japanese games.

It seems that not mixing regions has finally paid off, for me at least.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 04-01-2012, 22:04.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok, I know nowt about PSP's as I haven't had one since they launched. Can I download any PSP game? And what size are they memory wise? AND, how would I go about setting up a Japanese account and adding funds?

Is there a link with the info on the forum somewhere detailing it?

Comment

You can't yet, but once the service has been added then all PSP games available on the PSN Store should be available for purchase for the Vita (and any digital titles people already own for their PSP will also be redownloadable). They have also implemented a 'UMD Passport' system allowing you to unlock a digital copy of many physical games that you may already own (though many key publishers are not taking part in this).

There are a small handful of licenced games that, for obscure legal reasons, cannot be provided digitially under their current licence, namely Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

I have a mix of UK and Japanese PSP games because I have lived in both the UK and Japan at various points in time, which also causes me various headaches with regards to PSN (my debit card is a UK card, so it often works out easier to use the UK store, especially for games that do not make it to the Japanese store).

Comment

Got my pre order still open, but its hard to justify knowing that there will be a price cut around easter time.

Comment

Basically i'd like to download the Jap PSP shooters and power stone to my Vita, if I link my machine to the Jap PSN, are these available?

Comment

If you own them digitally, then yes if you use your Japanese PSN account on your Vita (once they add the PSP support to the Vita).

If you own them physically, then I believe Capcom are one of the publishers not taking part in the UMD Passport system.

Comment

Working...
                                X