Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Even if there was you can only download 22mb (think its that limit) via 3g, anything higher has to be downloaded over WiFi.
    Pah! That settles it then. I go wifi. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      I'll get a 3G one as long it's not locked to a provider. Anyone know if the uk ones will be?
      Vodafone were announced as Sony's preferred partner for Vita 3G connectivity, which would suggest you can of course use whoever you wish.

Comment

I'm thinking wifi and then just use my 4s as a wifi hotspot, I have unlimited downloads on my contract, (as long as within Norden) so I hope that other than GPS apps ( which I have an iPhone for) I should be golden doing it this way? Also means I have no download limit from PSN when on the move.

Just a bit worried that not buying the 3G version will mean I lose out on a killer app.

Comment

Our broadband is down at the moment so I've been tethering to my iPhone this afternoon. Battery went from 100% to 30% in about 3 hours. So, occasional connection will be fine but if you want to use the "Near" technology, constant friend updates etc. then I'd say that's not really an option.

Comment

For me realistically I'm mostly going to be using my Vita at home or at work, in which case wi-fi is perfectly fine. I have an 8 minute walk to work, maybe if I had a long commute 3g would be more of a consideration. In all honesty, it's not the extra cost of the 3G unit that puts me off, it's the ongoing cost for the 3g that I don't want to pay. Despite my love of consoles & gadgets, I'm currently using a ?4.99 Samsung phone on PAYG.

Comment

Just saw that Otomedius Excellent and a rumoured Gradius HD collection will be coming to Vita. It will make me very, very happy if the system gets loads of Japanese shmups. Not that I know anything about OE mind, but if Gradius V ends up on an HD pack it'll be awesome. Vita may be the first system in years that sees me actively importing games on release.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                Our broadband is down at the moment so I've been tethering to my iPhone this afternoon. Battery went from 100% to 30% in about 3 hours. So, occasional connection will be fine but if you want to use the "Near" technology, constant friend updates etc. then I'd say that's not really an option.
                Ahhh I see, didn't think about that. I will be using mine either at home, or in Airports/Aeroplanes. The latter is now getting more normal to provide WiFi.

I won't be using it out and about, only on work travel, so I think the WiFi will be the right choice, or just get 3G and not bother with a SIM card.

Comment

In other news, the Vita is now rooted and playing PicoDrive. Looks like a wonderful screen, no tear.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    In other news, the Vita is now rooted and playing PicoDrive. Looks like a wonderful screen, no tear.

excellent!

lets hope we see a ps2 emu for a uk launch ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      Just saw that Otomedius Excellent and a rumoured Gradius HD collection will be coming to Vita. It will make me very, very happy if the system gets loads of Japanese shmups. Not that I know anything about OE mind, but if Gradius V ends up on an HD pack it'll be awesome. Vita may be the first system in years that sees me actively importing games on release.
                      OE is awful, but to balance it out Akai Katana is also confirmed, and is the dog's bollocks.

Comment

this exploit was done using the PSP Emulator in the vita. So as of yet getting to the Vita system proper hasn't happened... Which makes you wonder whats possible!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                          this exploit was done using the PSP Emulator in the vita. So as of yet getting to the Vita system proper hasn't happened... Which makes you wonder whats possible!!
                          Indeed! PicoDrive is so efficent it would run on a calculator, but no doubt the Vita will be CFW'd in due time. I hope that the DRM system can stop the pirates, and allow homebrew, but suspect that both go hand in hand.

Comment

Indeed! PicoDrive is so efficent it would run on a calculator, but no doubt the Vita will be CFW'd in due time. I hope that the DRM system can stop the pirates, and allow homebrew, but suspect that both go hand in hand.
                            yeah annoyingly. I hate pirate scum.

Comment

Won't be long before there is an R4-style solution methinks.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I traded a few games in with Amazon and got ?220 odd credit for them. Going to order a Vita with them I reckon.
                                I have been out of the loop on news with this thing though. Is Wipeout a launch title in the UK? Also, when I get the machine do I sign in with my PS3 PSN id and import freinds from PS3 etc? I know now I am getting old as this is stuff I would know about by now!

Comment

Working...
                                X