Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on past launches I'd have probably caved on importing (spent loads on my J-PSP back in the day) and even spent one afternoon browsing ebay'd Vita's but the PAL release is too close by to warrant importing to be worthwhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      Based on past launches I'd have probably caved on importing (spent loads on my J-PSP back in the day) and even spent one afternoon browsing ebay'd Vita's but the PAL release is too close by to warrant importing to be worthwhile now.
      Thats the exact reason that I am waiting aswell.

Comment

i can wait to get mine finally on Sunday Morning... other half is bringing one back from her holidays in Japan. Its been a long 2 weeks knowing that i have one but its not with me.

Comment

Originally posted by mingo View Post
          i can wait to get mine finally on Sunday Morning... other half is bringing one back from her holidays in Japan. Its been a long 2 weeks knowing that i have one but its not with me.
          Yeah of course if she reads this you're referring to how it's been a long 2 weeks waiting on her being back with you, right? Not at all vita related. Don't want her with holding it upon arrival!!

Comment

Had my first freeze today. Playing Uncharted, sound dropped out so I paused it but it wouldn't unpause. Nothing a quick reboot didn't fix. Loving the system though. Just wonderful to hold!!

Comment

Uncharted: Golden Abyss review:

The absence of multiplayer means it won't last you as long as previous instalments, but new control options have allowed the developers to line the seams of Dra

Comment

So I want to pre order a Vita, I'm thinking of ordering the wifi only model. Is there any reason why I should get a 3G model instead? What can you do on a 3G system that you can't on a Wifi model?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                  So I want to pre order a Vita, I'm thinking of ordering the wifi only model. Is there any reason why I should get a 3G model instead? What can you do on a 3G system that you can't on a Wifi model?

well for starters an import 3G model will not support any UK 3G carrier. So on that alone its worth getting a WiFi only one, saves you money too.

Most phones will allow you to tether your Vita to it anyway if you need on the go internet on your Vita. I'd recommend it this way anyway as 4G is likely to roll out during 2012/2013 as is substantially better then 3G.

Comment

Ah sorry i meant a pre order for a UK vita.

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                    well for starters an import 3G model will not support any UK 3G carrier. So on that alone its worth getting a WiFi only one, saves you money too.

Most phones will allow you to tether your Vita to it anyway if you need on the go internet on your Vita. I'd recommend it this way anyway as 4G is likely to roll out during 2012/2013 as is substantially better then 3G.

Comment

Ah sorry i meant a pre order for a UK vita.
                      ah oops I cant read! I'd still get a WiFi. 3G will be old tech soon and the 3G version offers no other advantages anyway.

Just go WiFi mate!

Comment

That's incorrect. Asian 3G Vita's are unlocked for any carrier. Sony themselves have confirmed this also. Plus you get built-in GPS. For the extra ?40 it cost me on my own unit and the extra ?10 it cost me for my Son's one I thought it well worth it. Whilst there weren't that many PSP GPS apps, there were still some useful things that I'd re-D/L on Vita.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'll get a 3G one as long it's not locked to a provider. Anyone know if the uk ones will be?

Comment

Okay thanks, don't really need gps. There's nothing else that would be avalible that I couldn't download via wifi or the
                            psn then?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              That's incorrect. Asian 3G Vita's are unlocked for any carrier. Sony themselves have confirmed this also. Plus you get built-in GPS. For the extra ?40 it cost me on my own unit and the extra ?10 it cost me for my Son's one I thought it well worth it. Whilst there weren't that many PSP GPS apps, there were still some useful things that I'd re-D/L on Vita.
                              Ah I see, my bad. But still useless.

Comment

Okay thanks, don't really need gps. There's nothing else that would be avalible that I couldn't download via wifi or the
                                psn then?
                                Even if there was you can only download 22mb (think its that limit) via 3g, anything higher has to be downloaded over WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                                X