Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
    Maybe Angry Birds Vita will be released soon. That will have gamers flocking to buy the unit in droves.
    doubtful, everyone on the planet already bought that crap for ios devices

Comment

Head over to rllmuk and the vita can do no wrong. Their vitas seem to have a wealth of games available; I haven't seen such gushing praise in along time. Of course the reality is the mileage is coming from downloaded PSP games, and new owners who still have the launch titles to get through. Most are still banging on about unit 13...
      Last edited by dvdx2; 01-07-2012, 15:35.

Comment

I have more good Vita games than I can play. Maybe more a testament to how little game time I have than the amount of games out there but nevertheless there are loads of good games already on Vita. The problem seems to be that a) many of them were launched on day one so there has been pretty much a drought since then and b) even with good games, there are no absolute standout system sellers worth talking about.

Yes, the lack of extra effort for things like Lego Batman 2 and MGS Collection doesn't help.

Right now though, gamewise, I feel things are actually okay. I have loads to play. But it does not look good to me that the release schedule is almost empty, store presence is non-existence and even Sony (who could fill the gap with things like the PS1 games) seem to be doing absolutely no push on the thing whatsoever. It's really weird - it's like it barely exists to them. I don't take that as a good sign.

As for PSP comparisons, I suspect the PSP was in a better place perception-wise at this stage into its life - although it too suffered badly from having really good launch titles followed by a horrendous drought. And yes the PSP sold huge numbers. But it was neglected software-wise by many devs (whether due to piracy or other factors I don't know about) and the system never really lived up to its potential as a result - great hardware sales are no use to us gamers if we don't get the games. Given what the Vita can do, if its potential isn't realised it would be a massive shame. Sony really need to get their finger out and push the thing.

Comment

Have not played or seen one yet. Thats how much i don't care for them. When P4 comes out maybe i'll grab one.

Comment

Sold mine to a friend for his sons birthday present earlier...pointless me having a handheld these days I think and things like Unit 13 and Gravity Rush have, after initially impressing, either pissed me off or had me wanting a 'real' console version. Mostly the former tbh

Comment

Originally posted by mugetsu View Post
              doubtful, everyone on the planet already bought that crap for ios devices
              Whoooosh!

Comment

i ****ing love my vita
                its got more games i want than i can afford or have time to play.

Comment

Let's turn this place into the Vita defence force!

Comment

VDF, VDF VDF!

Comment

Its bizarre watching people moan that the Vita has no games - Can any of these people name a console release this gen which had a higher metacritic score for its software within the 1st four months of release?

Comment

I love my Vita. 2 of the best games I've played this year are on it: Uncharted & Gravity Rush.

I can't understand people who want it to fail or mock when it fails to sell a lot of units. There needs to be competition in the dedicated handheld gaming market. If it was just DS it would be, not boring, but less adventurous.

Comment

The Vita has been out for just over 4 months in Europe. There has not been another console launched in history with the quality and depth of titles available that the Vita has this soon after launch. Objectively, subjectively, critically, wibblywobblytively whatever way you want to cut it, the Vita has an almost unprecedented amount of solid titles so soon after launch. The Vita might suffer from the fact there are a large amount of other platforms, mobile and home console that are offering a veritable glut of titles, but I fail to see what it is you want Sony to do? What more, realistically, can they do here? They've delivered a powerful, dual sticked handheld, tailored towards the hardcore market, when such a move might been seen as commercial suicide. They've made a large games library available, with a mix of titles from different generes, at different price points and with ready digital availability. They've had multiple sales, including promotions and reductions on the massive PSP catalogue. Unless you literally play games for 24 hours a day I fail to see how anyone could, seriously, have burnt through the entire Vita catalogue.

And yet still people f**king moan. Take a look at yourselves. If you want a library of hundreds of titles and a mature platform, buy it when it's mature. If you want to be an early adopter, then put up and shut up. In the case of the Vita, doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            VDF, VDF VDF!
                            There it's done
                            I can't complain about the vita finished gravity rush now but still playing everybody's golf,ninja gaiden,super stardust and ridge

Comment

Yeah I'm enjoying my PS Vita also these days thanks to MegaMan Maverick Hunter X. I still have a lot of PSP Games to discover since I didn't have this handheld.

Comment

I just bought Persona 3 in the sale, and wow when the gameplay shifts to 3d it looks amazing...

I had only tried Tactics Ogre and FF4 which looked fine but not great, but 3d psp games looks brilliant.

Now if only they would release some of my favourite psp games like Castlevania, Ultimate G+G, Crisis Core, and the Silent Hills, i'll be happy as larry for however long the next big wave of software takes.

In fact i have that much stuff that i know something wont get played before the holiday releases.

Awsome stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X