Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really thought of the UMD Passport service as being very useful anyway, paying extra just to have a digital copy of something you have on UMD, but it seems most publishers aren't even on board...

There are big names missing from the list of PSP games that can be downloaded for Vita at a discounted price. Among the…

Comment

For those who are interested in the passport that's pretty weak as it'll be a lot that isn't covered so they'll have to keep their PSPs anyway but like you say most won't use it.

Speaking of weak, I just preordered a PAL wifi model as I had ?132 credit built up. No trouble at all regarding whether it would be available to pick up on day 1 so now seems the time to do it. Will prob build more credit up before release date too so actual cash spent should be low. Preordered Uncharted online too so that just leaves the memory card. I want to see what the PAL 32GB comes in at.

Comment

Screen comparisons showing the visual difference between PS3 and PSVita

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          http://translate.google.nl/translate...ergelijking%2F

Screen comparisons showing the visual difference between PS3 and PSVita
          the buttons look dangerously low in the shot on the vita - surely not another psp1000 type button mod required then?

Comment

Going to wait and see if game offer some sort of trade in for an old psp

Comment

Zavvi have WiFi only version up for pre-order at ?199.99, ?244 3g.
              ?34.95 per game too.

Comment

Like the PSP, you can only have one PSN account active on the Vita.

Unlike the PSP, however, you need to do a full ruddy Factory Reset to switch to a different account. Grr!

Source: http://kotaku.com/5864991/ps-vitas-o...licy-clarified

Comment

I guess I'll end up having to set my account to a US one as most of my downloads from the PS3 are from the US store (for PS3 and PSP). Disappointing to hear that as I would have liked to have a UK and US account.

Now how's it going to work with DLC? Will you be able to buy a UK game and download the US DLC?
                  Last edited by elaniel; 05-12-2011, 09:43.

Comment

I'd love to have access to my US PS+ stuff but it's too much hassle. Given these use merged accounts for trophies etc I'll be sticking with my UK account

Comment

This is quite annoying. It's pretty much a given that DLC will be region specific. I'll have Vita trophies under my JPN account, and PS3 trophies under my UK one I guess.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This pretty much voids any positives of the system being region free for me, also the recent PS3 4.00 firmware which adds Vita functionality is another ballache, they've gone and removed the ability to copy your installed PSP/PS1/minis games across to the PSP so I'd assume the decision to do that is Vita related as well.

Comment

NCSX have posted that they've secured the stock for all pre-orders and they should ship on Dec 20-21. Fingers crossed for delivery by Xmas Eve!!

Comment

It seems like one workaround for having different region PSN accounts on one device (if you don't want to also do a factory reset) is to simply have a separate memory card for each account. Potentially expensive if you want to access every region, but if you just want to access the US and/or Japanese store it wouldn't be so bad.

The PlayStation Vita is not limited to a single PlayStation Network log-in, as widely reported last week, Sony has conf…

Comment

Still doesn't solve it for me. I play all PS3 games under my UK account. My Japanese account is purely just for DLC for my games. I will now have to split trophies between accounts depending on what system I'm playing on unless I play exclusively under my Japanese account from now on. Not sure I want to do that given the amount of trophies I already have.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's pointless faffing about on Sony's part. It usually download from the US/Jap stores but play under my UK account, I shouldn't have to transfer software between expensive memory cards to play them on Vita. Hell, if there is a workaround they should just ditch the account restrictions altogether.

Well, some aggressive trading means I've traded in enough games to only have ?18 outstanding now on my Vita. I want Sony to hurry up and announce the prices for the UK memory cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X