Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
    We call those things 'eyes'.
    You were an hour and 35 minutes late. Bravo.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks, I really like the idea behind the PulseAR game that is in the video. Funny really seeing it on the video as I pretty much did the design for Flick then moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        You were an hour and 35 minutes late. Bravo.
        My apologies. I'm updating the programme that alerts me when you post so I was a bit behind this morning, Joe. All sorted now though and added a klaxon so I'll get in quicker in future.

Yeah, that PulseAR is looking pretty cool. I guess the big test is making it a really entertaining game on top of the fun of warping and adding to reality.

Comment

You're supposed to be tightening your belt, not laying out on elaborate notification devices. Tsk, and indeed tsk.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Are you kidding me? Have you any idea how much demand there is for a Joe-post Notification System? This baby is going to make me a fortune!

Comment

You could call it JWACS.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Do you guys all wear special frame rate glasses or something?
                I can tell the framerate of something, to the nearest 5fps, by eye now.

You kinda learn it after a few years as a game coder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Are you kidding me? Have you any idea how much demand there is for a Joe-post Notification System? This baby is going to make me a fortune!
                  Which reminds me, can I order another one for the office please? In silver to match this crappy LG monitor I've got. Thanks. Oh, just the LED version will be fine, I don't need the post count feature for the office but I do still want the sarcasm percentage indicator. Cheers.

Comment

most gamers can tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps; its denial saying it doesnt make a difference.

RR needs to be 60fps - go play the 3ds version to see what a messy frame rate can do to the gaming experience

if the psp can do it, then surely the vita can?? the way the RR francise is going is woeful - RR7 seems to have been the pinicle

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                      I do still want the sarcasm percentage indicator. Cheers.
                      You know that's just a sticker with '100' written on it in marker, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        most gamers can tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps; its denial saying it doesnt make a difference.

RR needs to be 60fps - go play the 3ds version to see what a messy frame rate can do to the gaming experience

if the psp can do it, then surely the vita can?? the way the RR francise is going is woeful - RR7 seems to have been the pinicle
                        Don't worry, Ridge Racer UnBoundedededed is out soon

Comment

It's pretty poor that the Vita version is being so rushed and it's true that the difference between 30fps and 60fps is noticeable however it's rarely a deal breaker. If it's 30fps it's more important that it's locked than fluttering and stuttering which still seems unattainable in many games, I've no trouble with 30fps racers as they don't require quick enough response times to necessitate the fps. It's obviously nice to have 60 though and given the low graphical demands of RR games it should be standard in the series.

Comment

US peripheral prices. The memory card still proving to be a major issue with the PSV, hopefully stores will do some decent bundles over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              I can tell the framerate of something, to the nearest 5fps, by eye now.

You kinda learn it after a few years as a game coder.
                              At first I was like 'what an awesome skill' but is it more of a Spiderman-style gift/curse in reality(being sensitive to slight changes in frame rate)?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                                At first I was like 'what an awesome skill' but is it more of a Spiderman-style gift/curse in reality(being sensitive to slight changes in frame rate)?
                                I also have my own ability
                                Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Working...
                                X