Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me if the power supply is multi voltage on the japanese unit? Also re: a US unit, could i put a uk vita voda sim in it? Or is it not tri-band.

Comment

The power supply is multi-voltage, you just need one of those figure 8-cables with a correct plug in the other end for your electrical socket. For me it's 2 circular plugs, for you (UK) it's 3 rectangular plugs if I'm not mistaken.

Don't know about US Vita, afaik the Hong Kong Vita has regionfree 3G.

Comment

Thanks Mofo

Comment

Giftcards all round for my November birthday & christmas, so I now have about ?350 towards my launch funds, with several games to trade-in before then too.

So far I intend to get:

Wi-fi model & a memory card - most probably 32gb.
          Uncharted: Golden Abyss
          Little Deviants
          Everybody's Golf
          Wipeout 2048
          Super Stardust (PSN store)
          Sound Shapes (PSN store)
          Escape Plan (PSN store)

And then possibly some additional titles from the below list, depending on bundle options, funds, reviews & whether they're actually released etc:

Touch My Katamari
          Gravity Rush (PSN store)
          Unit 13
          Virtua Tennis
          F1
          Fifa

Thankfully I get staff discount on software & accessories. I know the whole launch has a decidely Year One PSP/PS3 line-up to it but I still can't wait.

Comment

32GB is not available in Europe.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah I knew that. Meant 16gb. That said, I assume ordering one via VGP+ is an option but would rule out playing Uncharted til it arrived I think. Clearly not an option for me at all then.

Comment

Sony already know every single game that'll be downloadable in Europe for the lifetime of the Vita and they know that 16gb is enough hence no 32gb card in Europe. Ok it's just a theory.

Comment

Such decisions don't bode well for us. It hints towards another divided experience on a Sony machine. We don't get the 32gb card, and Gravity Rush will be digital only over here while Little Deviants will hit retail. Uh.. yeah. Then there is the issue with switching to foreign accounts.

This all might not be a problem if Sony gets their **** together for once, but I fear Europe will get the shaft sooner or later. As usual. Since I own PAL PsOne classics, PSN and PSP games I'm pretty much bound to my PAL account for the Vita.

They screwed me over with the Go's poor support and with the Move's poor support as well, i'm very sceptical all rite.

Comment

Yep, due to the fairly painful differences in the US and UK PSN stores and how my games are split as a result, this account locking is really only one of two issues holding me back from a Vita (the other being money). And, as much as I want one (and I do), I loaded up my Go the other day and realised how much of an issue it is. Speaking of which, if anyone is interested, Chrono Cross is now up on the US store.

Comment

I think that if and when I get a vita I will just pretend to be Japanese. All the uk retail games will still work(?) and I'm not going to miss out on the more quirky Japanese pan titles. Japanese psn cards are easy enough to get hold of?

Anyone know if the comic store will make a return for Vita?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        I think that if and when I get a vita I will just pretend to be Japanese. All the uk retail games will still work(?) and I'm not going to miss out on the more quirky Japanese pan titles. Japanese psn cards are easy enough to get hold of?
                        this is exactly what i'm going to be doing. i already have a japanese account on my ps3, so i can 'import' without waiting for the post. english language games can still be bought cheap on cart in the uk.
                        psn cards are easy to get from a bunch of places... obviously you pay a touch more than they actually cost.

Comment

Any DLC involved and you're in trouble though. I'm sticking with buying only Japanese games and DLC. Only way to remain trouble free.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Games that don't require the memorycard won't support DLC, so you might just get those games from wherever you like. But the others like Ridge will support DLC so you have to buy the version that corresponds with your used account.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              Any DLC involved and you're in trouble though. I'm sticking with buying only Japanese games and DLC. Only way to remain trouble free.
                              Good point. I've only ever bought dlc once though so its probably not a problem for me. That said, if importing from Japan isn't tons more expensive than buying locally I'd be happy to keep it all Japanese.

By the time I get one I'll have a good idea how bad the euro shafting is this time around though so I'll deal with it all then. I usually end up buying myself a new toy right after Xmas. This is tempting. A 3d monitor is temptinger though. Not sure how well AMD cards support 3d though.

Comment

Traded in more stuff so now I'm ready to go in the shop on release date and pick up my Vita with 16GB memory card for a whopping ?6! Still some time to go too to get through more stuff and trade for Uncharted

Though HMV having refunded my ?40.00 ewallet credit from my old 16GB online order. I'm on them now.

Edit: Got most of my refund, Wipeout 2048 for the princely sum of ?1.50p! Cheapest launch ever!
                                Last edited by Neon Ignition; 28-12-2011, 14:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X