Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also sounded like the DSiWare transfers wont be at launch either.
    Just to let people know that ASDA deal from few pages back £217 with Monkey Ball has now gone up to £227...

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      ON NOES!
      The hi-tech console will cost £229.99 in the UK, which is a mark-up of more than 40 per cent compared to the $249.99 (£156.50) charged in the U.S.

Warning Daily Mail article ahead.
      Please tell me they didn't use a fan-art mockup image of the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
        Please tell me they didn't use a fan-art mockup image of the console.
        I did laugh when I clicked that link ;-)

After all this "drama" Iam still sooo excited to get my hands on one, the potential of this device makes me smile.

Comment

I can't wait to see it for real, but luckily my enthusiasm level is rather low at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
            I can't wait to see it for real, but luckily my enthusiasm level is rather low at the moment.
            click the pre-order button, you know you want to

Comment

Well I'm heading stateside the day after it's release... would be a nice occupier for the long haul flight.

Comment

More stuff about the operating system.

(probably best not to watch for those attempting to avoid hitting the preorder button)

Comment

I've asked my mum to preorder from Asda with Super Monkey Ball. I hate SMB but meh, what else to pick?

Comment

i'm still really undecided about this. i was really looking forward to this a couple of months ago and would have bought one without hesitation if it had come out then, but the region locking, the price and the launch titles have dampened my enthusiasm somewhat - I think i'm going to wait a while and see what happens after launch

Comment

The region locking sucks, but it's no biggie to just grab a US machine. If Nintendo want to remove my ability to play domestic games, that's their loss. If some unique JP exclusives appear, I'll grab a JP mahcine at a later date.

Comment

I was semi-interested but having heard the pricing, the region-locking, the re-releases at launch and the battery life... well I wont be getting one at launch but I feel this device really requires a hand-on demo to sell you.

To me without the 3D element it's just another DSi revision, albeit a good one. What I am most worried about is that some titles will be 2D half-botched attempts of jumping on the 3D bandwagon and not using the device's strengths enough.

Anyone else feeling the same? Or am I just getting too old and skeptical these days?

Comment

Agreed, too many negatives even at this early stage. Nintendo will milk anything it can right until it's dead.

Comment

Amazon.com seem to be shipping this internationally

Total price including speedy delivery and their shady 'import fee deposit'? $330/£212.

Guess I'll decide sometime today if I'll take the plunge.

Comment

^£182 from the US, including shipping to Japan and $13 import duty deposit. Puts the UK price into perspective.

Comment

Buying one in the first few months seems to entirely be for the investment in owning the device for the next 6 or so years. Even for typical launches this one is really poor. It's like Nintendo are completely unprepared and I'm starting to get the feeling that they're launching it earlier than they'd like to appease shareholders who have noticed the DS's late age and Wii's slowing sales. Not having a proper line up, no proper RRP plan, last minute details etc, it's very flakey. They've just focused on manufacturing as many units as possible and getting onto shelves in time to meet the new financial year.

Comment

Working...
                                X