Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Amazon US take the whole amount as deposit? And can you cancel it at any time and get a refund?

Comment

I believe Amazon don't take the money until it's ready to ship.

Comment

Urgh I just don't know which to go for US or UK!?

Someone help us can't deciders!

The main thing that's making me shy away from a US one is all the content I might be missing. I know the sky sports stuff is a bit gimicky but it could turn out fab and I bet they'll knock that on the head on the US one. Instead we'll be 'hockey or 'baseball'

BUt then I might actually be missing out on some great US only games plus probably far better game box sizes! Gah!

Comment

I was going for US Units until asda had them for ?217 with a game, its just the exchange rate on the software from the US that concerned me, plus things like my mum can pop into asda and pick games up for my kids as well, so i went the EU route, but it was a close call.

Comment

I think either way is bad. The cost isn't the issue for me ultimately - but the long term issues are.

There were a few good games that weren't released in the UK and vice versa. I won't be able to enjoy Nintendo Club rewards from the US. What if they IP block by region? Ie. Can't download US content outside of the US? (At this point I won't rule anything out of the stupidity..)

All in all I'm stumped too. A big reason for me going EU right now is because I know I'll have it on launch day. Not a great reason but a reason nonetheless. :-)

Comment

Is a new Ouendan game likely? Proper Ouendan, not Elite Beat Agents. Thinking a JPN unit might be the best bet but I'm worried that Nintendo may follow Sony's lead and stop the likes of play-asia from exporting :-(

Comment

I really really cannot decide. Nintendo have made what should be a simple choice incredibly difficult.

Sky 3D + being able to impulse buy + not waiting 2-3 weeks, no warranty issues, don't have to worry about Nintendo deciding it would be a great idea to IP filter

vs

Atlus games, earlier US releases, cheaper

Comment

The Sky 3D stuff went completely over my head until now. Now I'm not sure what to do either.

Comment

The other thing to remember is, what if they sign up the bbc's iplayer.. ala the wii.

The more I think about it the more Nintendo are gonna force me to get a Euro one aren't they..

Comment

Yeah, but the fat boxes with their rubbish thick euro manuals. Think about the boxes!

Ok, so that is a bit lame, I admit. I can't help it if I like the packaging.

Comment

I am having the same dilemma albeit between US and JPN. Wish P-A would update with even an estimate price...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          I am having the same dilemma albeit between US and JPN. Wish P-A would update with even an estimate price...
                          I think I'm going to wait to see if they IP block the store before deciding on a US or Euro one. I'd really like to go Jpn but if I can't force the menus to English and have to miss out on text-heavy titles then it's a bit of a waste I guess.

Comment

Screw it, I've placed an order with Asda.

£228 + free delivery + Super Monkey ball + 4% Quidco.

If lots of games come out in the US I'll just buy a US console then.

Comment

Another slight consideration is the fear of multi-region multiplayer.

If I buy a US one I might not be able to play multiplayer with my mates - the games will definately have different region game codes :-/

Comment

I can't find any decent info on Steel Diver.

What is it all about?

Comment

Working...
                                X