Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I trade in my DD XL at game I can get the 3DS for £125. Hardly touched my XL since I got it so I am going for that I reckon. Still got my lite for old DS games.

Ridge Racer, Zelda, SF4 and Pilotwings for me on the game side of things. Can't wait for this.

Edit: just rang Gamestation and they said as well as the 110 XL price they will also combine with 360 arcade £50 trade in offer. Looking at £75 for the console. The guy reeled off a long list of confirmed launch day titles which included Splinter Cell and the Dinosaur game. Watched a vid of Ridge Racer and it looks pants so that of my list and PES is on instead
    Last edited by davek22; 20-01-2011, 12:43.

Comment

Wonder if this will experience Wii style shortages (where it took about 3 months for it to become commonly in stock). Gut feeling is no given the lack of a killer app but it's hard to tell.

Artificial scarcity until the big name games start appearing 3 months after launch does keep hype levels high.

Comment

3DS pre-orders for less than ?195 late tomorrow, but be quick

Game Gears are doing the 3DS for ?194.99 if you're quick enough tomorrow:

Originally posted by Yesterday
        If you Pre-Ordered 3DS with us at 194.99, we will honor this regardless if the price rises from Nintendo :-)
        Twitter

Originally posted by Today
        3DS Update: You'll be able to pre-order from us at ?194.99 price from late tomorrow, BUT be quick when we say GO as theres a LOT of demand
        Twitter

GAMEGEARS.CO.UK - Whats Your Game?

Comment

GAME must be rubbing their hands together. Oh BUNDLES! Rip off *****

Comment

My local Game had a big notice out front saying pre-order now as stock is already low or will sell out before release or words to that affect !

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              My local Game had a big notice out front saying pre-order now as stock is already low or will sell out before release or words to that affect !
              They always do that, it is of course not true.

Comment

So how powerful is the 3DS? Im old school so is it like a nintendo 64 powerful?

seriously guys, how powerful is this thing?

Comment

It has the power of the third dimension!

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                    They always do that, it is of course not true.
                    4 million units spread across the entire planet? I'm pretty sure they will sell out. If you have information saying otherwise, please share.

Comment

The 3DS hould be renamed 3D$, as once all the soccer mums, young kids and nintendophiles have all bought one the $$$ will come rolling in and smug Reggie can say in the board meetings "told you they would sell well, the punters will buy anything we throw at them"

Bitter, no, fed up of Nintendo selling the same F'in games at high prices yep. Once the great innovators, now just re packaging their (old) assets in different clothes.

If the 3D$ had launched with stunning new games then I might be warmer to the ?229 PLUS ?40 for a game, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by STAPLES View Post
                        So how powerful is the 3DS? Im old school so is it like a nintendo 64 powerful?

seriously guys, how powerful is this thing?
                        I would say it's around the Gamecube in visual quality. Yet it has more advanced shaders and a preset screen resolution, so in many cases it will look better than GC games ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                          4 million units spread across the entire planet? I'm pretty sure they will sell out. If you have information saying otherwise, please share.

Sorry. It's game trying to scare people into pre ordering, I know someone who works in Swansea Game and they did the same thing for Kinect. As did HMV btw.

Comment

I pre-ordered in store at HMV as can't break the habit of buying nintendo consoles on launch

Stuff coming I like the look of, just not sure its gonna be on day 1.

Biggest concern is if HMV will go under wiping out my deposit and preorder before end of march.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              I pre-ordered in store at HMV as can't break the habit of buying nintendo consoles on launch

Stuff coming I like the look of, just not sure its gonna be on day 1.

Biggest concern is if HMV will go under wiping out my deposit and preorder before end of march.

Could always make a back up pre order and cancel it close to release.

Comment

i am always puzzled why they do this lack of supply everytime a new console is launched.....i know nintendo make a profit on the consoles launched unlike others but i still thought its the games that bring in the money....so i assumed you want to get as many consoles out there as humanely possible

Comment

Working...
                                X