This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy pasta from neogaf but these are apparently the EU launch titles:

Nintendogs (3 versions: poodle; bulldog; golden retriever)
    SSFIV
    Lego Star Wars EpIII
    Monkey Ball
    Rayman
    Splinter Cell
    Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs
    Asphalt
    Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
    Pro Evo 2011

Pretty damn poor really.

For comparison these were the EU DS launch titles:

* Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
    * Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
    * Ping Pals (THQ)
    * Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)
    * Polarium (Nintendo)
    * Project Rub (aka Feel the Magic: XY/XX) (Sega)
    * Rayman DS (Ubisoft)
    * Robots (VU Games)
    * Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
    * Sprung (Ubisoft)
    * Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
    * Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)
    * The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
    * WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo)
    * Zoo Keeper (Ignition)

Comment

What? No Pilotwings or OoT? I have preordered them both along with SSFIV at Shopto. Poor indeed.

Comment

It is pretty poor. Honestly though, I don't see it as bring much worse than the DS line-up. At least SSF4 is a big name. Splinter Cel is popular too.

Man, I really enjoyed The Urbz. A real underrated classic.

Comment

It's a careful plan to make me want to pick up a game I didn't originally plan on buying. They know I won't settle for just SSFIV on launch. Damn them! Damn my weakness!

Comment

Only thing I want from that list is Street Fighter. Do we know much about Pro Evo? If that has online play I may be interested.

Comment

I am interested in PES, but I think I read somewhere that it will lack online play. Is that true? If so, poor show.

Apparently, the 3D effect looks excellent on it.

Comment

SSIV i have no interest in.....i already have the game for xbox thats enough for me

starfox is the game i am really looking forward

Comment

eesh.

I wonder if that Monkey Ball game will be one of the good ones (ie... the first one) or another naff entry. No Monkey Target (so I hear) means it's already struggling to justify its existence.

Also, the Ghost Recon game is apparently the next game from the bloke behind the X-COM series. Which means it might actually be a quality strategy title.

The fact that it looks a bit poop in screenshots doesn't help its cause as a launch title though.

Comment

Flying sections look great, on foot sections look pretty bad.

Comment

If you don't find the idea of a new strategy game from Julian Gollop worth a look, even if it's got the Ghost Recon name on it, then I don't know what to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Splinter Cel is popular too.
                        Realised this morning that I was thinking of Syphon Filter. I actually know nothing about Splinter Cell. Is it good?

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                          If you don't find the idea of a new strategy game from Julian Gollop worth a look, even if it's got the Ghost Recon name on it, then I don't know what to say...
                          This. We interviewed Gollop a few months back and his contribution to the genre is massively important. I don't give a **** about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, but I certainly do give a shot about Julian Gollop's Ghost Recon.

Comment

some good games at launch, and a nice steady release of games up to the summer is better than having them all at once and nothing to look foward too
                            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 23-01-2011, 10:43.

Comment

I would of thought there would be more than one Nintendo developed game for launch, or is that a strategy? Still, it is a launch!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Flying sections look great, on foot sections look pretty bad.
                                I think both sections look awesome, just the person playing wasn't very adept. Looks like their 1st go.

Comment

Working...
                                X