Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised at how few 3DS games we've seen at the conference. I was expecting a massive blowout, instead there are what... A dozen games?

Comment

Yeah but most of them look quality.

Comment

That and the fact Mario Kart and Mario 3DS by the end of this year is probably all they need to secure decent christmas/year sales.

Comment

Yep, but there's a real drought right now and they opened with a drought. While you're right that Mario Kart and Mario 3DS would shift loads, the empty 3DS shelves (or worse - 3DS games mixed in with DS games) need to be filled so that this machine looks alive to potential buyers and not the next MegaCD.

Comment

Whilst I'd love loads of new games for the summer (something I said in the Nintendo E3 thread before the conference) to me it looks like Nintendo did release the console too early and will almost "re-release" it with a huge advertising campaign and some good releases nearer Christmas which will hopefully make the masses buy it and send console sales through the roof (therefore making end of year number of unit sales look impressive).

I seem to remember only owning Mario 64 (and Feel the Magic XY/XX) for about a year when the original DS came out, although I did import it from Canada which was about 6 months before it was released in the EU. Even after that point I can only remember owning Yoshi Touch and Go and Ridge Racer DS until Mario Kart and the like started being released. Games like Professor Layton seem quite recent in the consoles life span.

Comment

Zelda next week, Resi Mercenaries 2 weeks after that and I'm still loving DoA & Ridge Racer.

I think that's pretty good.

Then, Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario 3DS. Niiice.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Zelda next week, Resi Mercenaries 2 weeks after that and I'm still loving DoA & Ridge Racer.

I think that's pretty good.

Then, Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario 3DS. Niiice.
                Quoted for truth. Initially I was the first to say that this console has no games - but nowadays I feel spoilt for choice!
                Love my 3ds :-)

Comment

I actually completely forgot Zelda was out next week, I'm suddenly in a very good mood! Had nothing to play but Ridge Racer for 3 months, but Resident Evil Mercenaries (Japanese) last week and now Zelda around the corner, the 3DS is gonna have gotten more playtime over these next couple of weeks than the whole 3 months before.

Comment

I agree I excpected more from third parties at E3...please correct if I'm wrong, but most sites only seem to be mentioning Metal Gear Solid 3, Resi Revelations, Sonic Generations and Rayman Origins. Bound to be quality games but I expected a few more announcements for Q4 this year and Q1/2 next. I haven't seen anything on Kingdom Hearts DDD yet.

Having said that, I'm very excited for Super Mario, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus this year, and then Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario and Animal Crossing next year.

Comment

How exactly does this 3D pokedex thing work?

It keeps giving me new pokemon and Ive no idea how I have caught them?

is it just random or what?

Comment

A bit like street pass quest ? where do you gvet the AR markers from

Comment

They'll probably show up on point of sale posters in games shops, billboards, tv adverts etc...

Comment

They have some of them on this site: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex3d/pokemon.shtml

I kinda thought it woulda worked with the game though to fill up the pokedex :-/

Comment

I just want to add Ghost Recon to the 3DS game love. This may be the most I have ever played a handheld game.

Comment

if the vids arnt up by midnight i give up all hope

Comment

Working...
                                X