Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is that they now want to print money with a anti-counterfeiting hologram on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
      Oh dear god no. Please, anything but that.

It's perfectly possible to do a proper analogue stick in the clamshell design. It just needs a hole in the top half to nestle in.
      Yeah the nub on the psp is terrible and shouldnt even be counted as an analogue control device.

It will certainly be exciting to see a new Hnadheld from Nintendo but im far more interested in a PSP2.

Comment

It wasn't great, though I did get used to it. It never did feel as 'precise' as an analogue input should though. If they can get a stick on there without it being awkward, or losing the clamshall design, then great. I actually prefer the nub to the DS D-Pad though.

A Eurogamer article notes that analysts feel this will differenciate Nintendo from the likes of the iPhone and other Smartphone devices, which is probably the biggest threat to the PSP and 'traditional' handhelds in general.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          The DS for me is one of the most disappointing platforms that have been released in regards to the software that's come out over it's lifespan.

Dude, can't imagine how you felt about the GBA and its Super NES ports and remakes and sequels.

(Although, perhaps the GBA was in retrospect more influential than we think. It was the first post-PlayStation console to have a wide range of new 2D games, after all.)

Comment

I hadn't really considered the smartphone angle. It would explain why they've dropped this press release, it's a spoiler tactic against the launch of the iPad.

They're saying 'we can do 3d, but we can't show you it yet, but you can trust us, you just have to wait, you don't need to buy an iPad, iPhone or Win7 phone, just trust us and wait for the new 3DS'.

Comment

What intrests me is the 3D display which doesn't need glasses. If thats the case maybe its tech that can be used in other areas like full T.Vs...

Comment

Still find it a little hard to believe all the rumors flying around the internet and I strongly doubt Nintendo will ever launch a device with smartphone capabilities...they aren't exactly the most open company in the electronic world and they don't want to meddle with a completely unknown market where they would be likely to lose a lot of money.

Comment

This video (around 50s in) shows the kind of screen that it might be using. You can see how you'd get a different image for each eye. Not sure how well that'd scale up to a TV size, though. You tend to naturally hold a small handheld device at the ideal position. In a TV, it wouldn't work for anybody sat off-centre from the screen.

Comment

More news/paper speculation: It'll use a Sharp screen with Parallax barrier tech.

Essentially, it has a barrier with a series of tiny slits that lets you see different pixels depending on what angle you view it at.

Also suffers from a very narrow viewing angle but has the advantage of being able to turn the 3D on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                      Additional (unconfirmed) info printed by Nikkei:

日本経済新聞の電子版。日経や日経BPの提供する経済、企業、国際、政治、マーケット、情報・通信、社会など各分野のニュース。ビジネス、マネー、IT、スポーツ、住宅、キャリアなどの専門情報も満載。

- analog stick
                      - vibration pack
                      - tilt sensor under decision
                      - wireless connection speed up
                      - battery life up
                      - smaller than 4" screen
                      "A control stick that lets the player move 3 dimensionally"
                      vibration, check
                      battery life up, check
                      wireless speed up, check
                      tilt sensor, under consideration
                      "a screen smaller than the DSi LL's 4.2", so probably under 4" "

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                        What intrests me is the 3D display which doesn't need glasses. If thats the case maybe its tech that can be used in other areas like full T.Vs...
                        The tech has been around for a while. They're not being produced for consumer TVs because it requires the viewers to be sat in an incredibly precise location.

Comment

I'll happily position my chair in the incredibly precise location, now give me 3D Zone of the Enders!

Comment

I hope this is a big joke. Really don't want to see 3d on any console let alone handheld.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              - analog stick
                              Just the one?

Comment

zomg 3D on your monitor!

Comment

Working...
                                X