Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to see from Streetfighter V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
    You realize it is way too early.... it has been the best part of 10 years between each iteration since SFII onwards. But..... if we are talking wish lists,- I'd like to see a balance of old characters and new ones in SFV.

SFIII was all new except for Ryu/Ken/Akuma and that sucked because most of the characters were pretty lame regardless of how they played.

Then the starting line up for SFIV was the total opposite:- it was just SFII's line up. Again, LAME! I was like- 'Where the hell are the cool chacters from SFIII like Alex & Dudley?!!!'

It's only now with SSFIV we are getting a more balanced and rounded out line up of old and new-ish faces.

For me ideally SFV would take, say, 6-8 select chracters from SSFII, 2-3 from SFIII, one or two of the new SFIV characters and then add a healthy 3-4 brand new faces.
    Seriously, are you and Scorpio just wind-up accounts?

Your post there contradicts itself all over the place. So SFIII sucked because most of the new characters were lame, but then again it was good.

Then SFIV was lame because it recycled characters from SFII, but SSFIV is OK because it's more balanced with old and new faces? (only 2 more properly new characters, but whatever).

Then despite all this, SFV would ideally have a mix of old a new characters because you think it would be good, but somehow, despite this being what Capcom have done before, those other games were lame. But good.

Er, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
      Ask Leo Tan and others higher up the food chain just doing some groundwork here
      Ground work for what? Surely there will be SSF4' Turbo Champion Edition EX plus Alpha Vs SNK & Tatsunoko before SF5 comes out.

Leo Tan is a PR manager for Capcom UK. He would have absolutely zero input on a new SF title. You never backed up the Marvel part either.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is like to see a 3d arena and the ability to sidestep.
        Also a cover system and playstation move/natal support

Comment

More like this standard here please instead of skeptics
          Can't speak for everyone, but you might get taken more seriously if you stopped spamming the **** out us with giant images.

Comment

Ask Leo Tan and others higher up the food chain just doing some groundwork here

DANGEROUS

Amazing Post!

More like this standard here please instead of skeptics
            I think this confirms it that you two are just having us all on.

Comment

I'd like to see it bring a ton of moaning about the good old days.

Comment

Yeah, plenty of that.

And, of course, CAPCOM!!!!1!

Comment

Less on-screen clutter.

SFIV like most fighters now have nice graphics spoilt by huge space consuming health bars and pop-up messages.

How about visible damage on the clothing or an item of clothing which lights-up instead of gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    Seriously, are you and Scorpio just wind-up accounts?

Your post there contradicts itself all over the place. So SFIII sucked because most of the new characters were lame, but then again it was good.

Then SFIV was lame because it recycled characters from SFII, but SSFIV is OK because it's more balanced with old and new faces? (only 2 more properly new characters, but whatever).

Then despite all this, SFV would ideally have a mix of old a new characters because you think it would be good, but somehow, despite this being what Capcom have done before, those other games were lame. But good.

Er, what?
                    I was only talking about one aspect of the street fighter games- the list of characters in each game, and how appealing those characters are for me to play. I'm not so much talking about HOW they play, but how appealing they are to the Street Fighter fan, in this case- me. Side note- I love fighting games, but I am no hot shot. I'd class myself as average at SF & VF (my two favs) on a good day.

Anyway- SFII had a classic line up of characters. They became classic because each character is totally different in looks & fighting style & well, character. Each one really stood out.

By contrast with SFIII the line up was pretty bizarre because they used Ken/Ryu/Akuma who all play virtually the same and then the rest of em were all new. Not only were 90% of the characters new, but none of these new characters stood out or had any where near the charm of SFII roster in terms of visual design and fighting style.

Then by recognizing this, in SFIV Capcom went in the total opposite direction using all of the SFII characters and four crappy new ones. Imo this was almost just as stupid because it ignored SFIII’s line up (which featured a few good characters) and meant SFIV wound up feeling like a remake of SFII.

I'm not talking about how SFIII or SFIV play, obviously both games are fuggin great.

What they need to do in SFIV, is present a good mix of characters from -ALL- of the previous games in the series. So we get a balanced selection that pays attention to fan favorites as well as the vast wealth of cool characters that have appeared in the series.

I'm much more interested in SSFIV than I was in SFIV, for the simple reason that it seems more like a real sequel since it includes characters from SF & SFIII.
                    Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 11-04-2010, 20:42.

Comment

The characters in SF3 have a far deeper fighting style, sure it might take longer to get to grips with them, but there is a lot there to dig up, far more than in sf2.

What they need to do in SFIV, is present a good mix of characters from -ALL- of the previous games in the series. So we get a balanced selection that pays attention to fan favorites as well as the vast wealth of cool characters that have appeared in the series.
                      Thats indeed what they've done with ssf4.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                        By contrast with SFIII the line up was pretty bizarre because they used Ken/Ryu/Akuma who all play virtually the same and then the rest of em were all new. Not only were 90% of the characters new, but none of these new characters stood out or had any where near the charm of SFII roster in terms of visual design and fighting style.
                        Erm, Makoto, Dudley and Urien are greater than any SFII character.

*hides*

Certinaly, Makoto and Dudley and also Q are really fun to play.

Of course, I get a massive hard on for 3s - but it's hard not to.

So much fun.

Comment

I'd like to see the removal of Ultras, and the reintroduction of the 3 part combo meter. You know, the one where to use one bar of the meter, you do the special move followed by 1 punch and kick button, two bars use two punch/kicks...and so on.

I find the Ultras can get a bit annoying.

Comment

I ****ing hate the Ultra system.

It's like a set piece, no reward for setup like in any other fighting game.

Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I see your Makoto beatdown and raise you with this.

Comment

I couldn't care less if they never made another SF tbh. Most boring genre of game in existence imo. But that's just me..

Comment

Working...
                                X