Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Band 3 - Rock it man, piano introduced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I mean when worn keyboard style it's surely gonna need an option to change the side the handle is on depending what hand you favour.

I would need to hit the keys with my left hand and hold the handle with my right.

Comment

Got my stand - actually Rock Band branded.

No instruments in store at all and aren't likely to be going forward. Guitar not shipped from Game website either!

Mad Catz have utterly dropped the ball with this! A massive disappointment.

Comment

My order for the PS3 Keyboard is still down as a pre-order at Game and their site has it listed as sold out. The real kick in the teeth is that there probably wont be any more available for a couple of weeks. I would have ordered the bundle if it wasn't for the fact that I had to import my game from VG+ due to having loads of dlc bought from the US PSN.

Comment

Eurogamer review is up!

A thoroughly deserved 10/10!!

If anybody is after a PS3 guitar HMV have the Beatles Rock Band George Harrison Gretsch in stock for £69.99.

I've just ordered one.
          Last edited by teddymeow; 28-10-2010, 20:23. Reason: Guitar info

Comment

Seems like the keytar is impossible to get a hold off. No stores here (Norway) has it. Don't even have a pre-order date. Also just heard that there is no "free playing" feature for the keys or guitar. No mode where you can just jam out on the instrument, like you can with the drums. Pretty big omission if you ask me. Will probably buy whatever I need to connect it to my PC anyway though, to get to play some real keyboard.

Comment

Er... it's impossible to do a "free jam" mode on a plastic guitar. With a drum, it's easy. Plastic guitar? Just couldn't work.

Could work on the pro keyboard, but the thing is, it's midi so you can hook it up to an amp and do just that with the song playing in the background. Thing is here, people would want the same sound as in the song, and the devs won't have those samples - samples of each individual key. With the drums you'd record each drum and crash individually in the studio for mix down, so you can easily get accurate sounds [except on older recordings obviously].

Now, I'd like on real guitar a Free Solo mode, but that's to make it more fun as the technicality and skill of some of the best solos will be beyond almost anyone, regardless of real guitar ability (anyone here tried to play a full on Metallica solo for example? Yikes!). But that's easy to simulate with No Fail mode

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Er... it's impossible to do a "free jam" mode on a plastic guitar. With a drum, it's easy. Plastic guitar? Just couldn't work.
                I meant with the pro guitar, the 102 button one. In the "free jam" (it has a name, just can't remember it now) you can choose what sound style you want on your drums. Can't see why shouldn't be able to do the same with the guitar or keyboard. And this mode is a separate mode from the normal Rock Band 3 songs. It's a mode where there is no music, cept for the one you make yourself. It's a mode simply for playing the instrument. Spent some time in the mode on Rock Band 2, just drumming on the drums. Great fun. Cool to recreate parts of the songs you just played and actually feel what the game had taught you.

And you can't simply plug the keytar into an amp. Ordinary amps don't have MIDI-ports. None that I have played on anyhow. It needs a part in between, to turn the MIDI commands into actual sounds for the amp to spit out.

Comment

Pro Drums appears to be added to all songs!

The game has picked up all my RB1, LEGO, Green Day and RBN stuff too. Epic tracklist!!

It's superb!! Mrs Teddy no like Keyboard! Ah well. More for me to learn.

Presentation is great and the career structure is much better than RB2.

GOTY!!

Comment

I hate being a student sometimes, really need to get some spare cash for this.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Pro Drums appears to be added to all songs!
                      I think they had the cymbals setup in the charting from the start, but for whatever reason didn't release the hardware. I'm very tempted to sell my GHWT drum set and buy this as well.

Comment

Matt, checking my deliveries for tomorrow I'm getting a couple of Keyboards. Maybe your local GS is too?

RB2 export key is a whopping 95p!! I've been charged via PS Store and Sony have emailed to confirm but there's nothing on the store or in my download history. It just says "nothing found".

Also, the 3 song Doors bonus pack doesn't appear to be up yet. Balls.

EDIT: Never mind. See you've ordered from Shopto now, my bad.

Comment

Thanks anyway man. I spoke with one of the guys there today and he just apologised saying they'd heard nothing from headoffice, despite my preorder and receipt. He said there was an outside chance they'd get it in tomorrow, but the chances were very slim. Not the stores fault.

On the plus side, I've saved £15 and I still have £125 sat on my GS card. Probably just as well the Mustang or drums aren't going to be readily available, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                            I meant with the pro guitar, the 102 button one. In the "free jam" (it has a name, just can't remember it now) you can choose what sound style you want on your drums. Can't see why shouldn't be able to do the same with the guitar or keyboard. And this mode is a separate mode from the normal Rock Band 3 songs. It's a mode where there is no music, cept for the one you make yourself. It's a mode simply for playing the instrument. Spent some time in the mode on Rock Band 2, just drumming on the drums. Great fun. Cool to recreate parts of the songs you just played and actually feel what the game had taught you.
                            Oh right. That is a shame that's missing, but I'm sure it can be patched in easily enough - at least for pro stringed guitar. The keyboard would take a bit more work.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Oh right. That is a shame that's missing, but I'm sure it can be patched in easily enough - at least for pro stringed guitar. The keyboard would take a bit more work.
                              It would actually be really simple. They just assign a sound to every button (or chord, on the guitars) from a generic keyboard soundset (like the ones you hear on a Casio keyboard, or find in a regular music creation program), and let you have fun. They could even throw in a record function, letting you create small samples of music.

Comment

Not even Mad Catz own store has any PS3 keyboards for sale on launch. What a farce.

Comment

Working...
                                X