No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to find a good example of fan art that was comparable to the bad art from Elyssian tale and I found this blog , which is where the image came from

Comment

Can you turn down the ****ing volume of the LoveFilm ads in the new dash? Seriously abusive volume level if you happen to accidentially move the selector over it.

Re: the current dash. Is it me or is Facebook access a complete and utter ballache to get to? Or am I being stupid?

Comment

It has happened again and this time cache clear doesn't help.... bah. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comment

2nd thing to try, delete your gamertag and sign in again. Your tag could be clogged up with old data.

Comment

Cheers, I'll try that. Looking at the number of other people having fundamental issues like this, I'd say it more alpha than beta.

Comment

I remember reading that the new dash introduced a few incompatibilties with certain network hardware, some people said disabaling the media related things like "play to" in the settings fixed this.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                2nd thing to try, delete your gamertag and sign in again. Your tag could be clogged up with old data.
                Tried this. It refuses to download my profile properly. It says "Hi Charlesr! Downloading your game info" and never finishes.

Basically I've now got a useless heap of junk.

Edit: solved. Had to reboot and then delete cache before trying to download again.
                Last edited by charlesr; 16-09-2012, 19:56.

Comment

You able to connect direct to modem?

Comment

Fixed. See above. Sorry for the melodrama!

Comment

I'm assuming this new dash will be mandatory soon?

I'm new to this whole owning a 360 thing - do all new dashes have glitches when they become mandatory, or are you beta guys the ones testing the bugs for us plebs? I don't like the current dash, I didn't like the dash I saw on an old 360, and I don't like the sound of new dashes every year.

What can we expect with this new dash?

I like Sony's policy. Their dash has been the same since I bought it in 2008 and it's always been great.
                      Last edited by Sketcz; 16-09-2012, 20:37.

Comment

It's interesting, this is the first time it's actually felt like a beta. They've rejigged several things since the first version went up a couple of months back , actual visual changes that's never happened before, lots of behind the scenes stuff must be going on too. I don't think it's due for public release until the end of October/November.

Comment

Also on the actual beta forums they seem to actually be listening to bug feedback and other things like re-positioning of things, visual glitches. Wow this thread is actually 4 years old now, crazy.

Comment

I feel really sorry for them. They should have two forums. One for bug reporting and another for moans/suggestions. It's currently a mess.

Comment

4 years of reenergised complaining. Remember the Avatar hate?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                I feel really sorry for them. They should have two forums. One for bug reporting and another for moans/suggestions. It's currently a mess.
                                Yeah does get hard to keep track of the real problems and just people not liking things.
                                It's funny reading all those comments, like...

BETA SUGGESTIONS LISTEN TO ME
                                Remove all the ads.
                                Do this, this and this and it will be great!
                                Make xbox live gold free
                                Give us free games like PS+
                                ETC.

If you report a bug this time there are actual xbox dash developers on the forum, which you can see by specific tag. Generally they have been pretty good at asking questions and no doubt it gets back to the team.

Ahh the avatar hate, will never forget the coined phrase Avatat, I still call the stuff Avatat Awards.

Comment

Working...
                                X