No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sketcz I believe the new dashboard caches the games box arts of all your games to your HD, all you need to do is take it online at least once (after the update) wait for the pictures to re-load up onto your HD from live.
    Once they load up, log off they should all load as proper full sized box arts instead of those tiny square box arts that loaded previously.
    Just checked mine in offline mode and all my 245 games have boxarts, demo's, installed games, xbla, xblig etc.
    Last edited by Family Fry; 24-10-2012, 21:38.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      No broadband?!

I bet you're too busy pointing at aeroplanes or trying to rake the moon out of your pond!
      Everyone on the bus thinks I am a mental after I genuinely LOLd at that QC
      I will now attempt to find a situation where I can steal it!!

Comment

Is there even such a thing as dial up broadband?
        That sounds very much like the broadband I had in 2004, with a USB modem. Deal easy to link your PC to your Xbox thoigh

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          Is there even such a thing as dial up broadband?
          That sounds very much like the broadband I had in 2004, with a USB modem. Deal easy to link your PC to your Xbox thoigh
          Someone on another forum mentioned this. Apparently if I open the ports or something on my PC, I can use it as a makeshift router? That would be good, because the connection is much more stable through USB.

I have both varieties of cable (one requires connecting to a router, another is direct). The other I use to connect my Xbox 1 to my PC, but I can use it for hooking my X360 up.

Any tutorial links?

Comment

Win 7 or XP?

In win7, go to control panel / view network status and tasks.
            Hopefully you see "local area connection" (against something like [home network]) - click on that and then properties > sharing. Then "allow other computes to use", but untick the box about letting them change settings.

You then need a CROSSOVER ethernet cable to connect to your PC's network socket. Maybe you got one with your original Xbox.

If the xbox won't connect, try turning the firewall off. If it then connects, turn the firewall back on and ask for more help on tweaking the firewall.
            Last edited by charlesr; 25-10-2012, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Sketcz I believe the new dashboard caches the games box arts of all your games to your HD, all you need to do is take it online at least once (after the update) wait for the pictures to re-load up onto your HD from live.
              Once they load up, log off they should all load as proper full sized box arts instead of those tiny square box arts that loaded previously.
              Just checked mine in offline mode and all my 245 games have boxarts, demo's, installed games, xbla, xblig etc.
              I actually checked that last night after Sketcz post and mine didn't do that when I tried it. Saying that it wasn't an extensive test.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                Someone on another forum mentioned this. Apparently if I open the ports or something on my PC, I can use it as a makeshift router? That would be good, because the connection is much more stable through USB.

I have both varieties of cable (one requires connecting to a router, another is direct). The other I use to connect my Xbox 1 to my PC, but I can use it for hooking my X360 up.

Any tutorial links?
                You can use Internet Connection Sharing, but it's strict NAT only via that method which is a pain for online gaming (unless that's changed since Win XP): http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-l...g/win-computer

Comment

Could you not just replace the USB modem with an ethernet modem/router? Surely that would be easiest.

Comment

Can't you get the Wi-Fi adapter John? Save all this messing about non?
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I managed to set up the information manually, as per the official MS guide posted by marty (thank you!), and I managed to get the network connection going. But it wouldn't actually share the internet (I allowed the actual "internet connection" rather than the PC-Xbox connection).

The official guide mentioned that my PC would need two network adapters (not entirely sure why, since the internet is being pumped in via standard USB), but this computer only has the one.

I don't have XBL Gold anyway, so I might just leave this. For demos and XBLA games, I can connect once every week as usual.

Originally posted by Papercut View Post
                      Could you not just replace the USB modem with an ethernet modem/router? Surely that would be easiest.
                      I have a router (two in fact - different models!), given to me by Orange. One of them also supports WiFi. The problem is, I hook it up, it connects, I have the internet, and then every couple of hours or so, sometimes less, it will randomly cut-out and the little light will start flashing. I then need to pull the plug, wait a few seconds, plug it back in and it reconnects. During the school summer holidays it doesn't connect at all a lot of the time due to Orange's network being overused. They really are a terrible company in France, and I'm lucky even to have broadband where I live.

With the USB modem I connect once and it stays connected for the day, and I get 2mb broadband speeds.

Comment

If you want a hand setting up up Sketz, drop me a PM and I'll try and help over messenger or something

Comment

I'm still unable to download my profile (any of them). Therefore I cannot sign in on my xbox, so all my stuff is useless. I've posted about it on the xbox forum. Can't imagine I'll get any useful help, but fingers crossed!

Also, another example of how incredibly rubbish the interface is: When trying to enter email address for profile, it helpfully greys out things you should need for an email (symbols / accents). However, it still lets you select them rather than skipping over them for speed. Same thing elsewhere in the menus - I can't remember off the top of my head, but for example, 8 things on a list, with only the top or bottom one being not grey, but instead of skipping down 7 places to the next non-grey one, you have to hit down 7 times. eeejits.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 25-10-2012, 22:03.

Comment

Cheers. May have to try again over the weekend.

Comment

Ok.. so even though the differences are subtle.. I HATE the new changes and I just can't over look then. I mean the previous one was fine i REALLY liked the small boxy look.. but now it looks over-cluttered and messy with needless things..

I HATE what they did with the box art.. it now looks like Im browsing trading cards instead of game boxes with that ugly white frame around them.. and god GOD.. that horrible shade of green.. WHAT were they thinking.. why even CHANGE that? I much preferred the brighter florescent green they had before... it now hurts me eyes, dull horrible poop coloured green

Dunno I just HATE it... gimme the old one back please!!

Comment

I was having issues moving a profile from hard drive to MU, but a 360 restart cleared it up. Wonder why it was complaining? Only started happening after the upgrade as well.

As for the look, it's not much different, although I appreciate separating the game types (XBLA, indie, add-ons etc) by tab is long overdue. I notice the virtual keyboard is now QWERTY for everyone, not just those who signed up in the last few years.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X