Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes take back all that WiiU stuff i hypnotised out of you, look into my eyes, not around the eyes, into my eyes, 3,2,1, your under, when you wake you'll want to give me your beautiful cat, 3,2,1,

Comment

Awesome that you spent the majority of the time reading the back of the PSU.

Comment

Your cat made the homepage (I published it for you....)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyboi View Post
          I doubt it given the success of 28 Days/Weeks Later over there. Plus games with mostly British accents haven't been marked down before (Dark Souls / The Witcher, etc). To be honest it just doesn't look like that great a game due to its limited and repetitive combat mechanics.

Actually I wonder if the more favourable UK review scores are due to the type of thing Rob Florence resigned over the other week what with UK critics being in closer proximity to the developer.
          I think this belongs in the moan about games you haven't played thread.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            Yeah but the Ipad isn't expensive because it's made from expensive parts. It's expensive because it's Apple branded and idiots will pay whatever Apple want to charge. It would have been possible for Nintendo to add a multi-touch capable screen to their controller without increasing the price to Ipad-type levels. I imagine they're already making a handsome profit on the controller, seeing as how expensive it is, and the fact that the most valuable part of it is a touch screen that is already old news. Nintendo must be able to manufacture them for next to nothing by now. They should have been willing to eat a little into their own profits in order to give gamers and devs the tech that offers the most opportunities.
            That's fair enough .. I agree with you , just pointing out where the comparions will come from, I suspect the Gamepad design has been locked down for a long time now and maybe Nintendo has some big contract with a screen maker they don't want to cancel. I also suspect there will be an upgrade Gamepad at some point with an IPS screen, you can see it coming.

Comment

I'm more interested to see what percentage of Wii U games will require motion plus for the wiimote.

Comment

Anyone actually playing one yet? Big update required apparently...

That's a progress bar 1/8th full after 30 minutes—a four-hour process at this rate—for the Wii U's infamous firmware update, said to be 5 gigabytes (according to Geoff Keighley of GameTrailers TV, and repeated by numerous others). Sony, you are officially off the hook with the PS3's interminable, poorly timed and…

Comment

What about this nugget.

Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?
                  Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

Comment

Blimey 5 gigs? I wonder if we will have to do same download in the UK, if so could take a while on my ****ty 2mb broadband lol.

Comment

Lets hope it makes it and it dont brick.

Comment

Lucky my broadband is now fixed otherwise could be abit of a problem. Lets hope no powercuts either lol.

Comment

5GB ... that can't be right surely?

Comment

lol what a crock of ****, so they couldn't be bothered to even update them properly before they put them out there for sale?

If they need to be updated they should provide a disk not expect anyone to download a file i it's really that big.

Comment

Surely they will (or should) provide this on a disc, like even on the cover of (is there an official wii u mag?) 5gig is pretty hefty without fibre or cable update (it could be up to 60% of someone's monthly allowance) even Microsoft give you a copy of service packs for free on disc if you ask for them. Typical arrogance or a rush job?

Comment

5GB! That's quite a mighty system update. Nintendo should have pressed this to disc to give out on launch day. Asking customers to download an update of that size before they can use their machine online is terrible, really.

Can you imagine how hard Nintendo's servers are going to get hammered on Xmas day. Try explaining to your kids why they can't play the new console, 'cos Daddy foolishly decided to do the update, and now it's a bit, well, stuck....

Comment

Working...
                                X