Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole thing sounds like a big ol' pile of plop to me.

Comment

Ouch, can anyone say rushed launch. Then again the wii was like that too i remember locked off channels.

This time next year it might be worth going for, some of the games nintendo anounced might actually be out. Launching with 2 games is pretty tight hell even the wii got more from nintendo at launch.

Comment

I still want one. I don't know why, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I still want one. I don't know why, yet.
          Me too, cancelled my preorder a few weeks ago but thinking of getting one at launch if I can.

From what I have read the update is approximately 1GB, not 5GB. That figure is the memory taken up by the OS etc.

Comment

I still want one too, but I was burned by the Vita by buying the hardware on the promise of software that would come later. I think I'll wait until the first piece of 'must have' software appears, then buy a WiiU feeling more excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              The whole thing sounds like a big ol' pile of plop to me.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edito...system-we-love
              This. Sounds really not ready at all.

Comment

Wii U users accidentally access debug mode.

If this gets in the wrong hands expect it to be homebrewed by the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Ouch, can anyone say rushed launch. This time next year it might be worth going for, some of the games nintendo anounced might actually be out.
                  But you will miss out on the WiiU ambassador program 2013!!!

Comment

I don't think its so much that Nintendo are rushed with the firmware, more that they're stepping into an arena with it that they're unexperienced in. I'm not expecting later firmwares to get better. But then again I guess few of us are going to rely on the WiiU for anything other than its games

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      I don't think its so much that Nintendo are rushed with the firmware, more that they're stepping into an arena with it that they're unexperienced in. I'm not expecting later firmwares to get better. But then again I guess few of us are going to rely on the WiiU for anything other than its games
                      I'm sure they have the cash in the coffers to hire the knowledge they would have needed to make it work properly though

Comment

Your Wii U Nintendo Network ID - the equivalent of an Xbox Live gamertag - can only be used on the console where it was…

For gods sake Nintendo why make the Wii U such a difficult machine to own and put in place so many obsticales to put potential people off buying it. Dont get me wrong i love Nintendo and am very much looking forward to getting Wii U but this does slightly concern me, at the moment the Nintendo Network ID is tied to only one machine, so if in the rare occasion you get a bricked console all content and saves etc are gone. Hopefully this does not include any purchases.

Comment

It's bizarre. It's like the problems that people had to go through with the Wii and 3DS in terms of getting content transferred to another machine have just went completely over their head.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            Hopefully this does not include any purchases.
                            I will imagine it will ... If you purchase something and that purchase is used with your Nintendo ID, and your ID is tied into the console, then so will any game purchases.

That's no different to how the current Wii or 3DS work for that matter.

Comment

Yeah i guess it is, the stupid thing is i think Nintendo said this is something they are going to sort out the future. Seriously the amount of features that are coming later, like playing VC games on the controller, why not make this work from day 1. You would have thought they would have learned from the 3DS by delaying certain features by a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                                Yeah i guess it is, the stupid thing is i think Nintendo said this is something they are going to sort out the future. Seriously the amount of features that are coming later, like playing VC games on the controller, why not make this work from day 1. You would have thought they would have learned from the 3DS by delaying certain features by a few months.
                                Sadly this is going to be the story of the WiiU as well, you just have to hope your new WiiU arrives and doesn't go wrong in the next 6 months, otherwise that's going to be a problem potentially.

I really don't understand how a company like Nintendo can be so backwards in thinking, they want to play with the big boys but at every step they take about 5 steps back. They really do need to get a grip on whats going on.

I am really not surprised though, so in that regard its business as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X