Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how Nintendo threads attract so many rival fan boys who feel the need to try to persuade people not to buy them, at launch at least, just because they're not getting one. If I don't want something I don't post about, or 'concern troll'.

Comment

I dont think anyone on here is seriously a fanboy or a troll, its actually nice to have an interesting debate. Please, please dont turn this forum into extension of Gamefaqs. Its nice to be able to express an opinion somewhere without getting flamed every 5 mins.

Comment

Or retro gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
          I dont think anyone on here is seriously a fanboy or a troll, its actually nice to have an interesting debate. Please, please dont turn this forum into extension of Gamefaqs. Its nice to be able to express an opinion somewhere without getting flamed every 5 mins.
          I should be allowed to express my opinion then. Less than half the people posting seem to have any intention of getting one, and this thread is becoming very negative, mostly, if not entirely down to people who aren't getting one. They don't want to feel like they're missing out, so if they persuade other people not to get one it'll validate their decision not to get one.

Comment

This isn't a thread for people buying a Wii U. It's a thread to discuss the system, both the positive and negative sides to it. If there were trolls, they would have invaded the thread dedicated to people pre ordering their Wii U's. I didn't really read that thread, because I'm not getting one, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't overrun. If you think this is bad, you've had a sheltered upbringing. As Nakamura said, take a trip over to the Retro Gamer forum if you want to see threads that descend to the level of monkeys throwing **** at each other. You will be back here in no time, and you'll feel better for it.
            Last edited by noobish hat; 19-11-2012, 17:38.

Comment

It looks like Wii-mode already has homebrew running on it. On Day 1 I haven't looked into it too far, but it probably won't be long before you can use that WBFS formatted HDD that you just so happen to have kicking around....

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                Nintendo are putting all their eggs in the controller and banking on people yearning to play games in a new way.
                Whilst the new controller is obviously the highlight of the system, I don't agree they are putting all their eggs into one basket. There are plenty of games at launch that can use the Pro Controller, which admittedly are available on other platforms, but that doesn't mean that you have to be using the Gamepad all the time, there is a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  This isn't a thread for people buying a Wii U. It's a thread to discuss the system, both the positive and negative sides to it. If there were trolls, they would have invaded the thread dedicated to people pre ordering their Wii U's. I didn't really read that thread, because I'm not getting one, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't overrun. If you think this is bad, you've had a sheltered upbringing. As Nakamura said, take a trip over to the Retro Gamer forum if you want to see threads that descend to the level of monkeys throwing **** at each other. You will be back here in no time, and you'll feel better for it.
                  I said concern trolling, not overt trolling. And a lot of people only have negative things to say, and feel the need to repeat them. Though I wasn't including you in that. If you read the Vita thread it was very different, and the Wii u has a much better line up in my opinion.

When you have someone who owns it saying they love it, and people who've never played one categorically stating it's not worth getting then something's wrong.

Comment

Maybe people expect a lot more from Nintendo than they expect from a Sony handheld.

Comment

The problem with entering a thread and saying it's half full of rival fanboys is that the discussion turns from being half about the topic to a discussion of the quality of the posters. It's more derailing than the rival fanboys

Back on topic please

Comment

Lets be fair I am a fanboy! But I have a US Wii-U on its way to me all thanks to Kryss on these very forums so first and foremost thanks for queuing on my behalf and being kind enough to sell it to me and not profiteer (as I would)... Thanks man!!

But the machine itself is a awful. This has been mentioned many times but every system launch has had something to wow the gamer and this is more of the same but with a crap touch screen and to me that doesn't really cut it. Poor online and system firmware doesn't really help it's cause either. Not to mention the lack of any of their big hitting franchises ('New' SMB does not count) and well there isn't much left... If I had a brain cell I wouldn't buy one.

So if you like Party boy call me a troll it's cool. I think everyone else on this forum would understand where I'm coming from.

Comment

One rather sad thing about Wii U, this will be the first time in nearly 20 years that i have not imported a brand new system. That used to be one of the great thing about new hardware, the excitement of ringing round places like Import K or New Age Consoles trying to secure one of the first shipments, having something that is months or even a good year away from a UK release. But at the same time i dont have to spend at least 3 times as much for this privilege

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df...o-wii-u-review

Really indepth review of the Wii U console itself from Eurogame, very interesting to read. Im still reading but it goes into great detail.
                            Thanks. Good read.

Comment

Yeah, I enjoyed reading that article.

I'm definitely going to get mine now. NintendoLand, New SMB, ZombiU & TankTankTank!!! for sure but maybe another game too (Barman as I didn't do it on PS3 and the scanning mode looks sweet).

I'm sure it will succeed, and in time there'll be proper AAA games to sell it to the masses but I've owned every Nintendo system on Day 1 since the original GB so to not buy this.is.almost sacrilegious.

My love for Sony is fairly recent but deep down the Nintendo fanboy burns bright.

EDIT; Just read the P-A article. I might nit download the Day 1 patch. Not that bothered about online. Neither, it seems, are Nintendo. I'll just use the WiiU offline as a pure games machine.
                              Last edited by teddymeow; 19-11-2012, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                Lets be fair I am a fanboy! But I have a US Wii-U on its way to me all thanks to Kryss on these very forums so first and foremost thanks for queuing on my behalf and being kind enough to sell it to me and not profiteer (as I would)... Thanks man!!

But the machine itself is a awful. This has been mentioned many times but every system launch has had something to wow the gamer and this is more of the same but with a crap touch screen and to me that doesn't really cut it. Poor online and system firmware doesn't really help it's cause either. Not to mention the lack of any of their big hitting franchises ('New' SMB does not count) and well there isn't much left... If I had a brain cell I wouldn't buy one.

So if you like Party boy call me a troll it's cool. I think everyone else on this forum would understand where I'm coming from.
                                It's alright, I stopped taking you seriously ages ago!

Comment

Working...
                                X