This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
    Yes indeed all the ports of games from other systems are worse on the WiiU, not entirely sure why you can't accept that really. Whether it's because the ports are rushed, whether it's hardware - who knows? I did say I hope to see things improve.
    Oh .. forget it ... I can't be arsed to post what I was about to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      It does make me wonder what the spec of the machine actually is. We've already heard that while the machine has 2GB RAM, the RAM is extremely low bandwidth. Hearing reports that the CPU is slow on top of this doesn't bode well.

Of course, these kinds of issues are probably unlikely to effect first party Nintendo games, which is probably what the machine has largely been designed for. It does make you worry about multiplatform titles though.
      Not only that on the Ram isn't half of that 2GB reserved for the OS only so in reality it only has 1GB to play with

For those that are interested here is a teardown

Comment

That battery size is a pisstake to say the least

Fair bit of room left, I'm guessing they will release a high capacity one (for a price) later

Comment

It's not surprising that Nintendo haven't switched tactics and tried to outdo Sony and MS but it is disappointing (I know I keep harping on about this but I really just don't get it) that 7 years after Xbox 360 launch they haven't ended up with a new console that is more powerful in every single area simply by default. Technology has moved on. You'd have thought that when they went to look for components for WiiU that all the potential items available would just automatically be better; like there wouldn't really even be an option to buy slower RAM for example.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
            I would imagine AC3 is pushing the hardware pretty much 100% .. So you say with ease I say not so much. Its no different than when the 360 first came out. PDZ looked like an xbox game, and for intends and purposes it was. You are talking about games that are at the end of a generation and pushing the current hardware to the limits.
            I wonder how the wii-u going to cope with ps4 ports?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              I wonder how the wii-u going to cope with ps4 ports?
              I wonder how the PS4 is going to cope with PS4 ports

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                It's not surprising that Nintendo haven't switched tactics and tried to outdo Sony and MS but it is disappointing (I know I keep harping on about this but I really just don't get it) that 7 years after Xbox 360 launch they haven't ended up with a new console that is more powerful in every single area simply by default. Technology has moved on. You'd have thought that when they went to look for components for WiiU that all the potential items available would just automatically be better; like there wouldn't really even be an option to buy slower RAM for example.
                The whole console has seemed slap dash from day one to me. Resistive screen on the handset, low resolution, poor battery life, no direction on what the actual point of the screen is (barring being able to play the games on it instead of a tv). Underpowered guts, poor online set up and infrastructure. Its almost like the last generation of online mistakes and improvements didn't even happen for nintendo, like they've just stepped out of a time bubble.

They say tech shouldn't matter but it does, all those little improvements that have been made in the technology and online department are missing, and that all adds up. My two cents anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                  Not only that on the Ram isn't half of that 2GB reserved for the OS only so in reality it only has 1GB to play with
                  Pretty sure the Wii U has a similar memory layout as the GCN and Wii, so it must have an equivalent to GCN/Wii's 1T-SRAM(MEM1) sitting somewhere. So 2GB being the full available memory cannot be true.

Comment

I'm sure I've heard devs saying they effectively have double the ram.

Buy this as a Nintendobox and enjoy the exclusives I say. MS are (based on last time) likely to kill off 360 as soon as Xbox 3 arrives but PS3 still has 4 years left in it probably so devs are likely to still be making games for that for the next 4 years so may as well do WiiU variants as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                      I'm sure I've heard devs saying they effectively have double the ram.

so devs are likely to still be making games for that for the next 4 years
                      Do devs still make (exclusive) games for the PS3? Can't say I have seen many of late.

Comment

I wonder what the chances are that Sony will be selling PS2s, PS3s, PS4s, PSPs, and PSVitas all concurrently. Pretty high, I'd say.

Comment

Do devs still make (exclusive) games for the PS3? Can't say I have seen many of late.
                          Couldn't this also be said about Xbox? I think they probably both have there fair share of exclusives games, but i would say more so on PS3. I just think Xbox gets more exclusive content

Comment

I would say seeing as how the PS3 and the 360 are well established they can live off multi platform titles for a while yet and I would assume Nintendo would hope so too so they can feed on some of them multi platform scraps while they slowly get their arse into gear making the first party games that will make or break their new console.

Comment

so all you UKers, wheres the best place to get a Wii-U for the cheapest price? (really dont wanna use GAME either)

Comment

Reading this thread really does raise the thought that expectations of WiiU are heavily off base. How the WiiU will tackle PS4 games and XB3 games ports is easy.... it won't. It's going to be much the same as this gen only the visual gap might be less pronounced as the difference per gen gets narrower. It's a Nintendo home console. If you own another next gen machine you wouldn't be buying the WiiU version anyway and if you only own a WiiU you don't have much other option but get what you're given. It's all about how well dev's utilise it for the exclusives. The Wii was more capable than it showed but debs couldn't be bothered to use it as the costs wasn't warranted. Bemoaning that it's less powerful than the upcoming bew machines or might have slightly weaker ports from 2 machines that won't even be around anymore is a waste of time. It won't affect WiiU's sales or change the machine we have.

As with almost every gen the only question is do you want the format exclusives it will recieve enough to buy one?

If it's no, wait for the next machines, if yes enjoy its only 9 days away and crack on

Comment

Working...
                                X