Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a tiny apartment downtown so there's not far for me to try it. Mind you, my wifi doesn't reach the bathroom for some reason yet I had no issues getting high scores a minute ago.

I can still use my wifi on the other side of the street btw, so I imagine playing over there is possible at a stretch. I have no doubt my balcony will not be an issue.

Comment

Oh and I killed my GamePad just after the 2.5 hour mark. Not great that, but at least the power cord is decently long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
        I live in a tiny apartment downtown so there's not far for me to try it. Mind you, my wifi doesn't reach the bathroom for some reason yet I had no issues getting high scores a minute ago.
        Presumably because the console still has wifi access, and is thus giving you that on the gamepad. The Wii U apparently has some crazy strong 5ghz module in it, which could be the reason why you can use the gamepad in the bathroom, but not have wifi-access.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
          How have your been finding the range of the Gamepad, have you been able to use it between walls/floors etc?
          Its going to depend on wall thickness etc, but it seems around the 10 meters mark (30ft) is around the range that most have reported so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
            Presumably because the console still has wifi access, and is thus giving you that on the gamepad. The Wii U apparently has some crazy strong 5ghz module in it, which could be the reason why you can use the gamepad in the bathroom, but not have wifi-access.
            The gamepad uses Bluetooth as far as I know, not WiFi.

UPDATED ... Apparerently not .. sorry it does use Wifi.

Comment

Now I just need a power adapter for the gamepad for the bathroom...

Comment

You may as well just move a tv in there.

Comment

Zing! I have a spare tv and all...

Comment

Awhile back Metro: Last Light publisher THQ said it would not develop the first-person shooter for Wii U, despite it ap…

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                      I wouldn't pay much attention to that in all honesty as the rest of the WiiU spec will make up for that.

Comment

It does make me wonder what the spec of the machine actually is. We've already heard that while the machine has 2GB RAM, the RAM is extremely low bandwidth. Hearing reports that the CPU is slow on top of this doesn't bode well.

Of course, these kinds of issues are probably unlikely to effect first party Nintendo games, which is probably what the machine has largely been designed for. It does make you worry about multiplatform titles though.

Comment

Honestly I can't see an issue here it's already running zombi u, black ops 2 and assassins creed 3 quite convincingly.People are forgetting that this is a launch machine with early understanding with the hardware

Comment

It doesn't bode well if devs are not bothering converting current gen games to the console. How slow will it be in comparison to next gen xbox/ps if devs are saying it's currently slower than 360/ps3?
                            Wii U really will struggle against the new consoles, it's looking like the Wii all over again.

Comment

But as with the Wii, will it matter? It "struggled" to compete with 360 and PS3 - while out selling both of them by a considerable margin, the only metric that matters to anyone except gamers.

Comment

Re: Nintendo Wii U

You can't make up for a poor cpu. I'd guess most 3rd party games are limited by gpu and ram. It might not be an issue in the majority of cases but there will be cases where the slow ram and cpu mean that a wiiu port isn't clean. Devs will have to decide if they want to recode around those issues. Some will, and do it properly. Some won't bother with a wiiu version and some will hack stuff out til it runs at whatever level they deem acceptable. You really should be buying this console for the exclusives and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still disappointing that the spec is overall worse than the other two though. They've chosen to do this. They chose the cpu and ram , I can only assume to keep heat down.

Comment

Working...
                                X