Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Nintendo has responded to us concerning how the dashboard messages are selected. This was its reply:"The most d…

Dont know if anyone has seen this but rather nice video. Don't care what anyone says about Nintendo but both Reggie and Iwata are probably the most likable execs of any company, they really do come across as very genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
      I don't care if the power isn't there (I've said many times they could have stopped making new consoles several generations ago and still be making 10/10 games),
      I feel the same way. I actually prefer last gens graphics compared to this one, as they were nowhere near photo-realistic and have much more character and style because of the limitation on polygon counts and texture details. I can't even fathom why so many people want games to look indistinguishable from our world.

Comment

This generation's graphics are probably the worst ever when it comes to people, because of the uncanny valley. I don't know much about the PS3, but there's a real horrible look to everyone's face on the 360. They all look mega clammy, and sweaty, and shiny. The textures on the face may be incredibly detailed, but the range of motion of a human face just isn't there, so you end up with a kind of death mask that looks like it's being manipulated by some primitive robotic skull. They look frigging terrible. Theoretically, next gen should be able to master this, but the Wii U might end up staying in the uncanny valley, which would be wank.

Comment

SHINY!

Almost everything of the HD generation is shiny. Also you can see details you can't even see in real life. It feels to me that devs use special effects because they can, rather than because it creates realism.

Comment

Know what I really, really hate? Bloom. It almost ruined Twilight Princess for me. And so many other great games are almost nauseating because of this effect. It basically obscures what I want to see with ugliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              PS2 won last gen even though it was crap compared to Gamecube and even more the Xbox. SNES won Neo Geo and Jaguar etc.
              I love statements like that! Always good for a laugh!

Comment

What's wrong with it? For the last three generations, the winner has never been the most powerful console. Also applies to the handhelds.

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                  Kryss, have you got any other wii u games besides tank tank tank and Nano Assault? I'd be interested in hearing your views on them if you have.
                  I have NintendoLand as well of course. I'll post something up later on that. I have been close to buying Black Ops 2 on several occasions...embarrassingly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    I wonder what the chances are that Sony will be selling PS2s, PS3s, PS4s, PSPs, and PSVitas all concurrently. Pretty high, I'd say.
                    'Selling' PSVitas is stretching the truth a little

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      I love statements like that! Always good for a laugh!
                      Way to take it out of the context. What's wrong with that statement? PS2 was technologically crap compared to the Xbox, but it won last gen anyway which proves my point that the raw power doesn't really matter.
                      Last edited by Guts; 21-11-2012, 17:16.

Comment

Digital Foundry breakdown of ME3 finding no real issues with the port http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...wii-u-face-off And if true... Every WiiU sale needs just 1 game sale to be profitable. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ntendo-reveals

Comment

Im still completely underwhelmed but I WANT to WANT IT.

I was very excited about the wii and truthfully it has delivered enough for me.

I think the main difference is that the motion control was exciting, still is decent as well but tablet gaming? Massive yawn from me

Comment

from not profitable to making ?3! woo

Comment

Wii-U has a horribly slow CPU

Comment

Not sure if this has been answered before, but can the gamepad be charged by the WiiU, or do I have to buy a 2nd stepdown-converter so I can use both the WiiU and gamepad at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X