Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, many of those issues might be new or genuinely complaint-worthy. More likely they're just part of natural discussion about a new game. But when it's the same tired argument again and again (ie. the Nintendo re-release one) across multiple years and topics, it just becomes really tedious, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixty View Post
      Well, many of those issues might be new or genuinely complaint-worthy. More likely they're just part of natural discussion about a new game. But when it's the same tired argument again and again (ie. the Nintendo re-release one) across multiple years and topics, it just becomes really tedious, to be honest.
      No like you say nobody is forced to buy a game or a console, that doesn't stop people having issues with them and expressing them on this board , and it's not just NCL that gets hit with the milking tag, Capcom, MS and the like have too (MS quite rightly with what they ask for Digital downloads) . Given that the Wii/Cube share so much in common it is a bit strange why the Wii U can't play CUBE games as well, other than it's yet another money making exercise by NCL

Comment

You seemed to have missed my point. Expression that leads to discussion is one thing, and should of course be encouraged. Repeatedly airing the same complaint that goes nowhere, on the other hand, achieves nothing and is just dull.

Given that no one is forced to buy these games and that the vast majority of people who want to play them will very likely already have the means to do so in the form of the original console, I can't see the re-release strategy being quite as bad as suggested.

Lack of GameCube support will probably be addressed in a future Iwata Asks or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixty View Post
          You seemed to have missed my point. Expression that leads to discussion is one thing, and should of course be encouraged. Repeatedly airing the same complaint that goes nowhere, on the other hand, achieves nothing and is just dull.
          I made the point a couple of times in a 17 page thread. Should you just loosen up a bit and allow people to voice issues they have, even with the saintly NCL

and that the vast majority of people who want to play them will very likely already have the means to do so in the form of the original console
          Well that would make the Wii BC mode utterly pointless too, if you think like that

Comment

I'm not shouting anyone down and demanding they shut up, so please don't act like I'm trying to police the forum. I've made it quite clear exactly what I mean.

Wii backwards compatibility isn't pointless; it's a nice convenience, just as it would be on Wii U. That's all.

I think I'll leave it there since it feels like going round in circles at this point and there's really nothing productive to be had from a conversation when someone starts making petty accusations like that. This is like talking to someone on a phone line that keeps cutting out so they never understand what you're saying. Except we're not on the phone.

Comment

Don't even respond sixty, you'll just encourage him.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                Don't even respond sixty, you'll just encourage him.
                And what's that , Making a perfectly valid point that it's strange how you'll be able to play Wii games on the U, but not Cube games (when much of the hardware is the same) . Other than some issues with Media not working on the U , its hard to see it's anything but a money revenue stream.

so please don't act like I'm trying to police the forum.
                I'm simply saying allow people to voice issues, it's not like people bring it up all the time.

Wii backwards compatibility isn't pointless; it's a nice convenience, just as it would be on Wii U
                Nice way to change the point . You made the point about people who would want to play CUBE games, would in most cases still have the hardware to play it on. Well seeing as the Wii is a newer machine and still a going concern, I would imagine more people would still have their Wii's than those with the Cube , and so BC mode is no more necessary than for the Cube( if that's the point your making) .The less the need there is to keep all the consoles hooked up to the TV the better, and it does seem strange why there's full BC for the Wii and not the Cube.

Comment

Supposedly, the reason why you can't play GC games is because Nintendo are going to offer GC games for download, so they want people to buy them. Nintendo want to make money from old GC games - and it'll definitely be something that'll interest quite a few people. I can imagine lots of people would be excited about downloading Wind Waker and other GC classics.

If this turns out to be the case, then it'll prove that the U can run GC games, but Nintendo have cynically omitted the option to play GC discs. It sounds likely.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-07-2011, 20:59.

Comment

Depending on what they charge, couldn't this work out well for the consumer? I can think of at least 10 GC games that cost upwards of ?20 to buy second hand, and a couple that are quite hard to find at any price. If nintendo charge ?12.99 or whatever to download then people will at least be able to save some money and/or have easy access to them.

Comment

Nintendo is simply doing the same thing as Sony here, and I can imagine they would want to avoid having the GC controller and memory card ports on yet another console.

Comment

I'd imagine if they offered this it'd be ?10-15

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                          Depending on what they charge, couldn't this work out well for the consumer? I can think of at least 10 GC games that cost upwards of ?20 to buy second hand, and a couple that are quite hard to find at any price. If nintendo charge ?12.99 or whatever to download then people will at least be able to save some money and/or have easy access to them.
                          Yeah, it could lead to situation where people can afford games that cost a lot these days on Ebay etc... Much like what happened with the N64 game Sin & Punishment. The 360 is getting Radiant Silver Gun, so the more rarish expensive games available for download the better.

I would imagine that GC downloads will cost ?12 or thereabouts. There are plenty of truly great GC games that I'm sure lots of people would want to download. It's still a shame that GC discs won't load.

Comment

I'm not too fussed to be honest. Backwards compatibility is one of those things that many complain is supported enough each generation though in practice very few use. I loved that the Wii could play all Cube games though I could probably count on one hand the amount I played through on it.

Comment

If Nintendo offer these GC titles in upscaled resolutions then I, as I'm others will be all over them like a rash. Sadly, we seem to be accustomed to sloppy seconds and happy to accept them - why would they put in any effort to make them a worthwhile purchase?

Failing any work going into them, I am sure as hell not paying more than a fiver on anything that isn't selling for a king's ransom on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                I'm not too fussed to be honest. Backwards compatibility is one of those things that many complain is supported enough each generation though in practice very few use. I loved that the Wii could play all Cube games though I could probably count on one hand the amount I played through on it.
                                Funny you should say that as I get a lot of GC use out of my Wii and it is always something I look for in a new console (BC). Annoyingly one of the few original Xbox games I desperately wanted to play when getting the 360 was Strangers Wrath but no dice it turned out

Comment

Working...
                                X