Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think even "Wii 2" would be better for Nintendo. That way consumers would actually understand that it is indeed a brand new console, and not a hardware revision with a new controller. At first glance that's what even the most core gamers thought during the opening E3 moments, so I imagine the average people will be convinced that's the case.
    Last edited by JSR; 05-08-2011, 21:30.

Comment

How about "Wii II:Wii U" Nintendo can put my cheque in the post.

Comment

I agree something like Wii 2 would be better. Sony did it with the PS2, designed a brand new logo, boxes for game and defined the machines image. 3DS is not defined and Wii U also feels like an upgrade, so far.

Comment

Wii Toosies.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            I agree something like Wii 2 would be better. Sony did it with the PS2, designed a brand new logo, boxes for game and defined the machines image. 3DS is not defined and Wii U also feels like an upgrade, so far.
            Wii U(pgrade)

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
              How about "Wii II:Wii U" Nintendo can put my cheque in the post.

2 Wii, 2 U, 2 Wii, 2 U?

Comment

WiiUrine
                playstation veto
                Last edited by yesteryeargames; 05-08-2011, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post

2 Wii, 2 U, 2 Wii, 2 U?
                  See Nintendo? The helpful bunch at NTSC-UK have already come up with a whole advertising campaign for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Wasn't the N64's Ultra name (is that right?) pretty final until they changed it?
                    Yarp. Nintendo were going to call it the Ultra 64 in the west and Nintendo 64 in Japan, but decided, wisely, on using the same branding globally. Thankfully.

Incidentally, I'm 95% certain that the Nintendo 64 name itself wasn't announced until Space World 1995.

Comment

Controller has:

-Microphone
                      -Speaker
                      -Small flash memory
                      -Lithium battery
                      -Calibrating Magnetometer

Comment

Murmurs of hardware development issues with the Wii U. The expectation of a June 2012 release sounds suspect.

Comment

They've kinda mistranslated that.

The two main things 01net said:

-Wireless basically doesn't work in the current dev units. The controller needs to be tethered.
                          -Nintendo are releasing patches and updates very often, sometimes more than one a day.

Comment

Nintendo is planning for its upcoming Wii U console to support two tablet controllers, a new report suggests. The conso…

A new report says the hardware has been upgraded to support 2 tablets

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
                              Yarp. Nintendo were going to call it the Ultra 64 in the west and Nintendo 64 in Japan, but decided, wisely, on using the same branding globally. Thankfully.

Incidentally, I'm 95% certain that the Nintendo 64 name itself wasn't announced until Space World 1995.
                              I was quite gutted when it went from Ultra 64 to Nintendo 64. I remember planning on modding a console with the U64 logo on the front but never got around to it. I always have these big ideas for console mods but I can never be arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post

2 Wii, 2 U, 2 Wii, 2 U?
                                Oh, gosh, I do amuse myself. I seriously hope Nintendo are reading Bordersdown, because that is just too good. (God, they used Jedward for DS, did they not!?)

dataDave – sounds like a good idea – awaken the modding kraken and do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X