Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've loved viewing this thread the last few times it's been bumped with that photo at the top.

Comment

Specs according to one report

Comment

EB in Australia has estimated that the Wii U's price will be just shy of $600 there compared to the Wii's launch price of $400. I know we've been here before with the 3DS but personally I don't see it. The WiiU's tech is old so can't be that expensive to produce compared to the 360 and PS3 plus Nintendo has very publicly and costly suffered with over pricing the 3DS so I think they'll come in aggressive to limit a repeats chance. Maybe ?199.99

Comment

I imagine they will match the current price of the PS3, which is $250 for Canadians for a 160GB model right now.

Comment

Remember that this comes with both a console *and* a seperate flat panel display of some sort. There's more actual hardware there than a PS3 or 360.

It's going to be hard for them to get this out at a competitive price point.

Comment

^^^^ true. However, and I can't avoid coming across as a bit of a troll here but this is a genuine question, won't Nintendo be using really really old LCD tech to keep the price down? No mention of a (currently expensive) hard drive in that spec either. For me it'll all come down to the games and Nintendo haven't been doing it for me lately (I must get Zelda over xmas though).

Comment

Not sure if it has been written in this thread before (too lazy to check back) but it has been confirmed that more than one WiiU controller can be used at once. Was a bit of confusion way back that only one person could use the new controller and everyone else was relegated to Wiimotes.

Comment

... caused by Nintendo saying that the controllers wouldn't be available separately. So, the question is, once again, how much are those controllers to buy?

Comment

There's talk that being able to use two is a U-turn after developer pressure. They were pretty clear at E3 that it only supported one.

Everything I hear about this makes me think they've unveiled it too early, and will have to up-spec it before launch or it'll sink without trace.

I do have a history of never getting any Ninty predictions right though

Comment

Oh yeah, they did unveil way too early. The whole thing was a confusing mess as I don't think even they knew what it was at the time so it doesn't surprise me that they are changing/adding things.
                      As for controller price....I wouldn't like to hazard a guess. Must be around ?100?

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                        There's talk that being able to use two is a U-turn after developer pressure.
                        I see what you did there

Comment

What res is the screen going to be, assuming it's been said? Hope they don't just bung in any old crap like they clearly did with the Wii Remote speaker

Also, the fact they only had a lego game to annouce for it kind of sums up how early the unveil was!

Comment

854x480 was the rumoured spec of the screen.
                            Don't know if it has been confirmed yet.

Comment

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Rumours that the Wii U will support E-Book reading and a full fledged App Store

Comment

Is this screen capacitive?

Comment

Working...
                                X