Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with re-releasing quality games with updated, crisp visuals for new audiences who've never had the chance to play them? Does it somehow make your life more miserable? Besides how many are there? Ocarina and Star Fox, are there even any more N64 ports at this point? And it's not like Nintendo are the only ones doing remakes in the industry...
    Last edited by Guts; 13-06-2011, 12:04.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority here, but the Wii has been my primary console this generation, and I've loved it. The argument that it has no games is pure nonsense. There are plenty if you bother to look.

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
      whats really sad is all the n64 ports and updates for the 3ds, nintendo have become a joke company in my eyes

starfox 64 3d...dayum haha

talk about a company running out of ideas and re-packaging 10 yr old games!
      2 N64 remakes means they're a joke
      Last edited by mekanor; 13-06-2011, 12:07.

Comment

yeh it is kinda miserable being that i grew up with the snes/n64 (both of which i still own), great era's in gaming and now nintendo have just dropped the ball for the core fans

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
          I know I'm in the minority here, but the Wii has been my primary console this generation, and I've loved it. The argument that it has no games is pure nonsense. There are plenty if you bother to look.

2 N64 remakes means they're a joke
          the 3ds has only been out a short while, they'll be more along the way...along with the standard updates, mario kart 3d, mario 3d...just the same old franchises...in 3d lol

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
            the 3ds has only been out a short while, they'll be more along the way...along with the standard updates, mario kart 3d, mario 3d...just the same old franchises...in 3d lol
            Well yeah. Those are Nintendo's best selling franchises that people expect to get, so it's kinda obvious that they're making those games for the 3DS.

The whole industry is build on brands and sequels so you can't really expect that all of their games would be new IPs, can you?
            Last edited by Guts; 13-06-2011, 12:19.

Comment

i aint happy to just get updated games anymore. the ps3 is today's nintendo now - for me the ps3 has the best game line up since the SNES days : )

Comment

From a core perspective there's really little Nintendo can do to please people. Even if the system recieved the same 3rd party support the other formats recieve, they're nearly all multiplatform titles and people wouldn't buy them over the systems they're used to. It's the exclusives that define Nintendo's platforms and despite core gamers generally always being dismissive of the hardware and their successes the Wiiu (even if it sells less than Wii) will be a success. It has some of the industries biggest franchises on it which will ensure that like Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc. It's an understandably hard pill to swallow but at the moment these franchises are comfortably bigger than the likes of Halo, Gears, Uncharted etc and despite the complaints about Nintendo rehashing ip it's sequels come around far, far less often which drives demand for the next installment.

It's understandable that the system would seem to be of little interest to those who are looking for a new primary console or visual upgrade but the fact is it's Nintendo's market and if Apple can find ways to make people shell out ?600 on microscopic hardware changes, then Nintendo is perfectly capable of selling it's hardware to the masses too.

Comment

people seem to forget that during the NES/SNES days Nintendo had massive 3rd party support - they lost it all during the N64 days with an over-priced cart format and a controller which only suited their 1st party titles.

this is why Nintendo had to go down the route they did (with the wii) to stay in the market. they dont have what it takes to be a front runner in the games industry wihout 'being different'.

Comment

I'm not sure it's sequels that are a problem for Nintendo. Look how much we all lap up a Demon's Souls sequel, or Portal 2, or MW3, Infamous 2, Uncharted 3 etc. The problem might be their lack of 'grown up' games. I've put that in quotes because I'm fairly grown up and still play Mario and Zelda, both of which are games that are entirely suitable for children to play. Barring perhaps Metroid all Nintendo's games are appealing to all ages, from the very young to those entering midlife-crisis territory. Which is good in a way - broader appeal means more sales I guess.

I wonder though if we'll ever see Nintendo making some full on, hardcore, 15+ rated game to compete alongside Halo, Gears, Killzone, Demon's Souls? A Nintendo designed RPG with proper blood and guts, not just Luigi throwing Mario onto a goomba's head? I'd probably buy that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I think the bigger issue here is why they didn't call it the U Wii so they could use Ronson's 'Ooh Wee' in the ad campaign. Shows a serious lack of foresight and must be why their share prices dropped. Can imagine Ronson had some harsh words and will be boycotting any new Mario game. And Nate Dogg is turning in his grave.
                      LOL, nice to see the crappy summer weather has not dampened your spirits... Keep it up...

Going back on topic, I dunno about your guys, but I get tired of waving the Wii mote around in front of the TV, to be required to wave a tablet around, is going to seriously give some peeps wrist strain...

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                        LOL at all the Wii hate.
                        I'm not *hating* on the Wii, it just doesn't get a lot of play in my place these days because most of what I want to play is on the other two. I'll be getting Skyward Sword on it, for sure. And one day I'm sure I'll dig out Muramasa and actually play it (although by the time I do, the XBLA version will probably be out, in HD, and so...)

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                          I'm not *hating* on the Wii, it just doesn't get a lot of play in my place these days because most of what I want to play is on the other two. I'll be getting Skyward Sword on it, for sure. And one day I'm sure I'll dig out Muramasa and actually play it (although by the time I do, the XBLA version will probably be out, in HD, and so...)
                          I actually dug out my Wii yesterday, and looked back at the calender on the dash, and I had not switched the machine on for 3 years! Obviously a series of updates ensued, but I found a stack of games I had waiting to be played, and was pleasantly suprised at how playable they were compared to my PS3 counter part. Some creative thought has gone into the games I have to admit... Just a shame the graphics are so murky and dull in parts...

As the Wii U is to be HD, I have a feeling the gap between the Wii U and the PS3 / Xbox 720, will be less noticeable... Afterall its the graphical flare which EVERYONE notices with next gen consoles.

Comment

3 years lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              Well, maybe "hate" was a bit too strong word and my reply was mostly aimed at Mr. gamelife. I have to admit that my Wii doesn't really get playtime anymore either.

Comment

its not that i hate nintendo, its just frustrating that they choose to go down the route they have being long time fan and all : (

Comment

Working...
                                X