Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'd have only had multiformat ports fro third parties to show anyway so they'll no doubt look the same as PS3/360 versions even when done so they might as well have shown them, lol

Comment

The next generation of Wii U prototype hardware will be sent to developers in June or July, Eurogamer can reveal. When …

Sega has a little natter about the current state of using WiiU dev kits

Comment

The fact that everyone seems to be finding it very quick and easy to do ports with the current underclocked kits suggests that even that more than matches the PS360.

Comment

My only concern now is those circle pads. What are Nintendo thinking having those on a console rather than proper analog sticks? It makes sense on the 3DS given it has to close etc but even the NGP has proper analog sticks now :/

Comment

The 3DS circle pad is actually fairly good. It's worst problem is that my thumb slips off of it but putting more pressure on it eases that.

That said, no idea why they didn't go the stick route here. Maybe the shape and size of the pad meant the slide pads were better ergonomically?

Comment

Remember that you'll only be using them with games that use the screen, otherwise you can use a nunchuk. Mind you, maybe that will make it confusing going from one stick to another.

Comment

Yeah the 3DS' circle pad is awesome, it feels better controlling Link in Zelda: OOT than it did on N64 etc to me. But there's no reason that there's not proper analog sticks on this and it actually makes me want to buy one less... a shooter with 2 of these circle pads would not feel that great IMO compared to normal analog sticks.

Can the Wii U controller act like a wii remote? (aiming from the camera etc)

Comment

The classic controller pro will still be usable - that'll be fine for FPS'.

Comment

While I'm sure that is very well a viable option- it shouldn't have to be really, should it? The controller I buy with the console should be up to snuff. I shouldn't have to buy another peripheral on top of that just because of their stupid design choices.

I really hope developers complain about them so they see the light & put actual analog sticks in the thing. They're the ones who pioneered them in the first place FFS! They're going on about how they want 3rd party games, and to support everyone. Not with those sticks they aren't. Who's going to choose to play Battlefield 3 on those?

Comment

Just thought about it and classic controller pro lacks rubble too. I also think the controller will be way too heavy over prolonged periods of play to make me buy the Wii-U version of a multi platform game - I'd much prefer a "normal" controller. They will have to do something pretty damn special with the extra screen for it to be worthwhile.

For me the Wii had a similar issue as I just don't like having to aim the wiimote at the screen to fire etc as my arm starts to ache after a while.

Comment

Boo to circle sliders! They may be fine for something for running about, but are totally unsuitable for anything that requires precision such as a fps.

Comment

Wii U - Garden Demo had better graphics on E3 show floor

Screen comparison 1: The bird's feathers in the back are rounded in the second pic, while in the first they are more pointed due to less ...

Comment

Utterly bizzarre to show a better demo on the floor than on video. There's a pretty massive boost in quality there.

Maybe Nintendo really did throw together their Wii U presentation at the last minute because third parties didn't have anything to show.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                              Boo to circle sliders! They may be fine for something for running about, but are totally unsuitable for anything that requires precision such as a fps.
                              Yeah, but it's got a touch screen, which will make it much better for aiming than an analogue stick, it'll be like using a mouse, not to mention the motion controls which are also better than a thumb stick.

I do prefer analogue sticks to te 3ds circle pad though, to avoid thumb slippage.

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                                Yeah, but it's got a touch screen, which will make it much better for aiming than an analogue stick, it'll be like using a mouse, not to mention the motion controls which are also better than a thumb stick.

I do prefer analogue sticks to te 3ds circle pad though, to avoid thumb slippage.
                                I disagree, I didn't really like the DS's touchscreen controls for FPS games it's not really like using a mouse.
                                Motion controls (In this case pointing controls) are only good for shooting stuff already on screen. Call of Duty games don't play as well on the Wii IMO because turning and such don't come as naturally with the motion controls.
                                Also can you imagine trying to hold this tablet controller with your left hand and using the stylus on the screen with the right, it's too big and possibly heavy for one hand to hold comfortably so it would have to rest on your lap the whole time while holding it flat.

Plus with the dual analogue sticks I can't many (if any) twin stick games (shooters, FPS, etc) using the touchscreen for aiming.

Comment

Working...
                                X