Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

The new characters in Ult MvC3 are a real let down.

Why no Anti-Venom or Flash Thompson-Venom?!
    These two current incarnations of Venom are unique twists on the character that would have been lots of fun in a game. Anti-Venom can 'purify' opponents briefly taking their powers away, whilst Flash-Venom is a soldier styled version.

Aside from one of those guys, Doc Ock or Green Goblin would have been spectacular, or how about Rulk or Thing Future Foundation version?
    Or Frankencastle?

Nah, we'll give all you true believers Rocket Racoon instead.

Stop.

Comment

Hammer Time.

Comment

I had to look up who Rocket Raccoon was...didn't have a clue.

Vergil, Hawkeye and Ghost Rider look to be worth it. I never bought the original MvC3 so this Ultimate version has swung me now as I knew they would eventually release a 2nd game (Damn you Capcom).

Green Goblin would have been ace. I like using him in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for his aerial attacks though it does make it a bit easy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
          I had to look up who Rocket Raccoon was...didn't have a clue.
          Exactly.

Iron Fist & Doctor Strange should be fun, rest of the new Marvel characters are a let down.
          As for the new Capcom guys, I don't care about any of them.
          I would have liked Dudley, Alex or Bison.

Still, there are gonna be new stages too which is cool.
          Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 22-08-2011, 11:49.

Comment

Rocket Raccoon is in simply because he's a 'current' character so they're after more exposure for him.

From the video, Doctor Strange looks like a pretty complicated execution driven character.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Iron Fist, he's been an excellent character in the comics of late.

Comment

Do you still have to download Jill and Shuma for this one?

Will still be interesting to try out Rocket Raccoon as I'm always up for trying new characters, may even get to like them that way. And I guess that Frank West will play pretty much like he did in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom with the zombies and trollies etc.

Comment

Yeah, Jill and Shuma are still DLC. If you already have them then you'll still have them in Ultimate. Same as how the DLC outfits in Street Fighter 4 work.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                  Exactly.

Iron Fist & Doctor Strange should be fun, rest of the new Marvel characters are a let down.
                  As for the new Capcom guys, I don't care about any of them.
                  I would have liked Dudley, Alex or Bison.

Still, there are gonna be new stages too which is cool.
                  think they said some of the new stages will be old ones reskinned ...so to speak

bizzare thing is i think i actually prefer tatsunoko vs capcom to marvel vs capcom 3 while i am not that keen on the tatsunoko characters i just thought it had more to it....was more balanced....backgrounds looked better....far far far better endings ...and the baroque cancel worked a hell of a lot better then the xfactor (was not as damaging to

background wise dont think anything will ever compete with xmen children of the atom where it had the xmens training stage but the background would change to different enviroments (which was really cool)

having played marvel vs capcom 3 online there are sooo many things that irk me....trying to enter lobby..it saying failed then taking me back to the menu rather then the lobby list.Having to look at a menu screen to wait for my turn in a lobby battle rather then saying watching the current match or perhaps be in training mode till it was my turn.Not bringing up a list of ranked match instead having to search for them ...annoying to try and find people of a similar skill level ...got fed up with getting destoryed very quikcly...which then brings me to my biggest irk balance x factor was way over powered (should have been done like in TVC) some charcters are way to powerful (phoenixs resurruction super really needs to be altered)
                  Last edited by eastyy; 22-08-2011, 12:51.

Comment

All the new stages shown so far have indeed just been reskins. So there's a 'helicarrier during the day' 'umbrella lab on fire' 'katelox island in the snow' etc...

Comment

I may have no idea who Rocket Raccoon is, but I also have no idea who half the people are in the first post either. Venom was brilliant in MvC 1/2 though. I am still most excited about Phoenix Wright, and can't wait to see a gameplay video of him.

Comment

i have a feeling that marvel wanted capcom to use some of the lesser characters as it could act as a advert to some comics (like in the original release taskmaster who was not a major character suddenly there was a explosion of comics with him around the time )

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          i have a feeling that marvel wanted capcom to use some of the lesser characters as it could act as a advert to some comics (like in the original release taskmaster who was not a major character suddenly there was a explosion of comics with him around the time )
                          That's exactly what happened, Seth Killian has said as much in interviews. They can merely suggest who they like to put, then Marvel suggest who they have coming up in future storylines. Then there's a little push and pull and they come to a decision.

Comment

i cannot wait for the rocket raccoon comic (extreme sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              i cannot wait for the rocket raccoon comic (extreme sarcasm)
                              LOL, I know.
                              They're bringing him back in the comics so that's why were stuck with him.

I really think out of 12 new characters they could have at least given us two more prominent fan favs, such as a big Spider-Man baddie- Doc Ock / Green or HobGoblin / Venom and another Street Fighter.

Oh well, I'm still getting this.
                              I'll wait till it's under 20 quid tho.
                              December is all about Sonic Generations for me.
                              Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 22-08-2011, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X