No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually looking forward to this already .

Like I said Treyarch before always seems to add something genuinely new & refreshing to the series so it'll be intersting to see what they come up with this time.

Get those bloody server issues sorted this time around tho!

Comment

Treyarch usually bend the engine to pump out more detail, hopefully this time they can maintain the resolution MW3 runs at

Comment

This year's entry in the Call of Duty franchise brings with it "meaningful innovation" for the series, according to Act…

As part of the financial reports Activisions publishiong chief has said that Treyarchs new entry brings 'meaningful innovation' to the series. A version 2.0 of Elite will be released alongside the game also.

Comment

Think I'll get this. I'm done with Infinity Ward's though. MW2 and 3 were garbage imo. WaW and Blops were much better. Of all of them I'd say the campaign of WaW was the best but the multiplayer probably Blops for me with WaW close behind (I love the old guns). I don't much like infinity ward's maps since cod2. Wasn't even really a fan of the ones in cod4.

Comment

The identity of this year's Call of Duty title may just have been outed by the French arm of online retailer Amazon. Ac…

Amazon France temporarily listed this. Gameblog says when it refused to withdraw their news story on it Activision barred them from an upcoming Transformers PR event and pulled advertising from the site.

Comment

I'm really interested in this. Partially because MW3 wasn't for me but also because for me Treyarch seem to be the development house more interested in innovating in this series.

I've been reading a heap of information just around open discussion with players and the community since Black Ops and as a whole Treyarch just seems to "get" what works in terms of pushing forward and not alienating the audience. Indeed I like their ideas around quick scoping and other nuances.

Comment

This autumn's Call of Duty game will also be released on PlayStation Vita, Sony has revealed. "And of course, in the au…

Slip of a tonge from Sony refers to the end of this year seeing Call of Duty out on Vita

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ta-this-autumn

Slip of a tonge from Sony refers to the end of this year seeing Call of Duty out on Vita
                  I imagine that the iw engine will work nicely enough on vita, so not too much hassle making a port of the main game...as opposed to what handheld cods usually are.

Comment

Yeah, I may end up getting the vita version tbh.

I think Treyarch are the A team now for CoD. It used to be IW...but Treyarch keep getting better and IW keep getting worse (IMO). I loved things like gun game etc, just wish Treyarch had the 3rd person in that MW2 had. Also much preferred the system of buying the guns/unlocks you wanted.

Comment

changed times -

i remember not so long ago treyarch was a dirty word regarding COD games....

Comment

Indeed. I remember looking forward to CoD3...what a piece of crap that was. World at War on the other hand, I loved. Probably the last CoD campaign I really enjoyed.

Comment

Yeah Treyarch have long been viewed as second fiddle since IW hit one out of the park with COD4 but to be honest they've always made the more mature campaigns. IW go for popcorn/hollywood but I always felt Treyarch balanced out the explosions with some darker moments.

Not sure precisely what I'd like to see in the campaign for this. I did enjoy Black Ops for the way it went for a different approach to the story. I dont think it worked completely but it was at least original. I would like to see a return to 4 player co-op though, in the campaign and not just in a zombie mode.

I do like the zombie mode but having come from GOW3 and it's campaign there is a better experience to be had when you're pushing the story forward as a team and not just unlocking new areas of a level before the next wave of enemies. They can take the GOW template with split-routes, alternate sections and mix it into the COD style if you ask me.

Comment

It even makes perfect sense for COD, being a game about teams of soldiers etc. I've always thought it's odd that there isn't really a proper co-op in any of them...I mean it has had a co-op mode in the past, but it wasn't full like gears, it was more by the level rather than being seamless and without cutscenes etc wasn't it?

Comment

Despite how much Black Ops sold I'm hoping the sequel does away with the flashback storyline which was a bit pants. A nice solid rounded Cold War campaign would be nice in the same bombastic style as MW3's but more grittier.

Comment

I didn't mind the flashback storytelling but the last 3 missions or so with the big reveals wasn't as good and the flag waving nonsense at the end ruined the entire build up.

With co-op they remove cutscenes and the vehicle on-rail sections in world at war and simply upped the enemy count. Even so, what was there was good but if they revised it with something similar to GOW3 it could be amazing. I feel like they're too focused on the linear path for the campaigns in the series now when really they want to open it up enough to offer different options for goal completion. Not open sandbox but enough to give lateral options and a feeling of more scale without breaking the set pieces.

With MW3 especially I loved the set pieces but step to one side, look behind the curtain and you can see how on rails it all is now.

Hell Id be happy if they kept the main campaign solo but threw in a real 4 player zombie campaign. Left 4 Dead COD Style.

Comment

Working...
                                X