This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    Excellent stuff, its things like this that are making this more fascinating to watch unfold than Sega's downfall was.
    400 million they will be lucky to sell 4 at the minute

Comment

All i can say is that i hope MS can produce a banger out of their arse @ E3, cos if not then i think sales are gonna be looooowwww at launch

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK
        I'm just waiting for the inevitable off topic thread where people complain about buying Windows 8, Photoshop or suchlike and complain that giving the disc to a mate doesn't allow them to use it.

Yeah I'm always swapping operating systems with my mates. Normally trade the old one in to buy the new one too, most weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          Excellent stuff, its things like this that are making this more fascinating to watch unfold than Sega's downfall was.
          Sega's death as a console maker was a sad day, but they neglected the Dreamcast & didn't advertise enough despite having an awesome console. My DC got more play than my PS2 did

Comment

That "offload rendering trees to a server farm" sounds totally moronic to me! Who are they paying to come out with this BS?

Comment

This has surely been posted already, but just in case it hasn't: (NSFW)

Comment

Games traded into a store will be entered into the system, wiping it from the consumer's account, which is reportedly why Xbox One consoles must connect to the internet every 24 hours.

While the retailer can then sell the game at a price of their choosing, the publisher and Microsoft will take a percentage of the second-hand sale.

A further report by ConsoleDeals suggests the cut for retailers would be as low as 10%, as opposed to profiting from the entire sale in the existing unregulated system.

Those who wish to use a second-hand game outside the system - like borrowing a game from a friend - will be charged a fee of ?35, added the source.
                Shocking.

Comment

If that ?35 activation fee is true Microsoft can just **** right off.

Wii U, here I come.

Comment

Games traded into a store will be entered into the system, wiping it from the consumer's account, which is reportedly why Xbox One consoles must connect to the internet every 24 hours.

While the retailer can then sell the game at a price of their choosing, the publisher and Microsoft will take a percentage of the second-hand sale.

A further report by ConsoleDeals suggests the cut for retailers would be as low as 10%, as opposed to profiting from the entire sale in the existing unregulated system.

Those who wish to use a second-hand game outside the system - like borrowing a game from a friend - will be charged a fee of ?35, added the source.

That sounds very similar to apple with iphone provider lock out codes as in the data is stored centrally and is switched on/off somewhere

Comment

Hasn't this already been clarified? If you borrow a game from a mate and install it, pay the fee you now own a copy of the game. It's not like you pay ?35 and lose the game when you give it back to your mate.

Comment

Assumably because the system can't differrentiate your friend playing a borrowed copy from a bought second hand copy.

I know many are assuming Sony will do all this too but I'm not so sure. They've watched, and at some levels been amused by, the fallout from MS's reveal and there's a lack of rumour and so called leaks like MS had about it for PS4. I'm not saying there won't be anything but I think Sony smell blood and are going to go for a takedown.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Hasn't this already been clarified? If you borrow a game from a mate and install it, pay the fee you now own a copy of the game. It's not like you pay ?35 and lose the game when you give it back to your mate.
                          That's not the point...the point is, what if you no longer want to own the game, and want to sell it to a mate. You can't, if that price is right. He might as well just buy it new and you're stuck with a game you don't want.

Comment

I applaud MS for starting the ball rolling by protecting publishers and dev teams. That's where the income from 2nd hand sales should staf, not some Chav-Fest highstreet CrimeConverters. I keep virtually all my games anyway, so will have little to no impact on me.

The best multigamer envrionment will continue to be that, I see nothing from Sony to make inroads on that front.

The negativity is outstanding, no surprise to hear the Wii-U (snigger) being quoted as the gamers choice now and others running to the Sony hills.

I'm sticking with MS.

Comment

I wonder if MS will have designated bins outside Tesco's where you can recycle your unwanted Xbox One discs?

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                                I wonder if MS will have designated bins outside Tesco's where you can recycle your unwanted Xbox One discs?
                                I almost just got in trouble at work for how much I laughed. Bravo Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X