Darkstalkers 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    I'm probably on my own with this on this forum, but I think SSFIV:AE might just be the greatest of all the SF games. It's certainly the most balanced and I love the fact that it is built on the fundamentals of SF where the focus is on spacing, footsies, zoning and so on, but still allows some creativity with FADCs and some good combo opportunities.

*hides*
    I very much doubt you are the only one with that opinion here, but it wouldnt be one i would share lol.

Balanced? last i played(admittedly a while ago) the twins just did whatever the hell they wanted. In SF4 sagat was a monstrosity, in SSF4 Fei Long was a monstrosity....etc etc.

Then i guess not too many fighters are without an OP character or two. Sagat was truly OP though.
    Last edited by PaTaito; 16-07-2012, 15:27.

Comment

I'd put SSFIV:AE 2012 just below Third Strike.

Balance makes for a boring fighting game.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Balance makes for a boring fighting game.
        I do agree on this. No better feeling that smashing up a chun whore on 3rd strike with someone like urien.

For me in terms of capcom fighters, it would go:

1, 3rd Strike
        2, HSF2 - This game is balanced if only thanks to the choice between every version of every sf2 character.
        3, Vampire Savior.
        Last edited by PaTaito; 16-07-2012, 15:33.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more. Balance all the way.

The twins have been toned down in AE 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Yeah, because the CPS2 Capcom games look SOOOOOOO different don't they.
            At least those games looked good in the first place though. SF4's ugly artstyle needs to be put out to grass already imo. I do like TVC/MVC3's artstyle though. I'd like to see what they could do with that style if they only had to deal with 2 characters on screen.

Comment

How I see it is this:

If you don't like the look of their current 3D games then don't hold your breath because I seriously doubt they'll veer much from their current model, if at all.

Definitely don't expect sprites unless they're outsourcing a la HD Remix(in which case it'll likely be an XBLA/PSN port of an old game) or some clever so-and-so develops a way to animate sprites as easily as 3D models.

Part of me would love sprites but the other part is perfectly happy with how they've done things so far, not least because I seriously doubt we would have had a new SF game any other way, or this fighting game revival thing that's going on.

Of course, there are plenty who'd say it wasn't worth the effort if the outcome was SF4, SFxT, etc but I'm really glad it's turned out this way because I get to play more SF than I could before.

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
              At least those games looked good in the first place though. SF4's ugly artstyle needs to be put out to grass already imo. I do like TVC/MVC3's artstyle though. I'd like to see what they could do with that style if they only had to deal with 2 characters on screen.
              This is exactly why I'm intrigued by Darkstalkers - the possibility to not look 'ugly' is definitely there because there's no link with SF. I'm sure they'll link SF into it by adding SF characters as locked on-disc DLC but there'd be enough of a difference to let them run free a bit, artistically. Whether they choose to do that or just make it look like SF with vampires remains to be seen but I expect it will, even though I'd like to trust Ono with this one
              Last edited by randombs; 16-07-2012, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                That's just subjective, I love SF4's art style, it looks great if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                  That's just subjective, I love SF4's art style, it looks great if you ask me...
                  I dont think anyone would argue the beauty of something like sf3 though, or fess less anyhow.

Thats the difference.

Comment

There are some discutable choices in Third Strike like some characters designs. It's not perfect and the old interface with the rap music was not my favorite among Capcom fighting games.

I like a lot SSF4 AE 2012, UMVC3 and SFxT.
                    I like the models of Darkstalkers in UMVC3, Morrigan specially.

I doubt I'll buy a Darkstalkers 4 because of too many fighting games and not enough time to learn them all but I want to see what it will look like eagerly.

Comment

I love the SF3 animation but not the stages, they were quite forgettable. Also the fireballs and other effects look awful. New character design I can take or leave but generally I didn't really like the overall look. I'm ok with it now but SF2 to SF3 is similar to how I look at Streets of Rage 2 and Streets of Rage 3 - SoR3 was graphically more advanced but lost a lot of the style by trying to be too realistic.

Comment

Working...
                      X